When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Where does this bit go?

phaedo

Okay guys, was out in the garden today, and when I came in my watch was rattling. Quite surprised it has not happened earlier to be honest, but am lucky there I guess. A7750 movement, and when i pulled it open, turns out the rotor has undone itself. I have the rotor, the screw for the rotor, and a third piece that I have no idea where it goes. Now, I would assume it is to do with the rotor also, it seems to be the same size. But before I put it back together, where exactly does it go, so I don't make a mistake?

rotor.jpg

Thanks guys, exactly what it was, and the screw had fallen out when the other bits had, and I had missed it. Not an easy job to reassemble it all without tweezers, I can tell you right now! But all better now.

Edited by phaedo

You're unbelievably lucky that case screw didn't wind up in your hair-spring.

Don't I know it! I was amazed it hadn't, given it may have been loose for a couple of hours by the time I had noticed it. Or days even, if the two events were unrelated (movement holder screw and rotor screw coming loose.)