When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Entering the US with reps

kramerica2

I'm gonna visit the US for about 3 weeks, and I want to bring 2-3 reps with me. Should it be any problem?

And another question that might sound stupid, is there any risk by wearing a rep while entering the country? Are they even looking at things like that? If so, which brand would be the "safest" to wear: Omega, Tag or Breitling.

I'm aware that you might think I'm being paranoid, but its gonna be my first time leaving the country with a rep (I only got my first rep a couple of months ago), so try to understand my paranoia... I've also heard some horror stories from countries like Italy, so I'm trying to be as careful as possible, while enjoying my watches..

Ive worn my stuff going to and from airports domestically. Like from CA to Texas or California to Nevada. I cant say what will happen with the watches in your luggage, but wearing one and throwing it into the bin to get x-rayed is no problem

You should have no problems. I fly often from Madrid to the States and i've carried up to four watches in my carry-on sometimes. It doesn't matter which brands you wear, no one will care. With one on your wrist and 2 in your bag you should have no problems. Many people that own gens will often travel with a few of their watches. Do you think they go around with the receipts of their watches and their COSC official papers? Probably not. The last thing anyone is going to be worried about is a guy that has 3 watches in his bag. Now... if you had 30 watches.... that's another story.

This question has come up several times over the years and I've been on the boards since 2004. I've never read any post from any member where they were busted for having replicas when they went through customs...........................which means you will be the first that it will happen to. :whistling::lol:

You should be fine as long as you are not coming from Asia. I used to spend a lot of time in China working with a good friend of mine. We would bring back the occasional rep on our wrist, maybe 1 or 2 in our carry on every month or so. Customs had no issue, that was until the one time by buddy brought back 10. Customs let him keep 1 and they took the rest. From that day on, he was grilled for 15-20 minutes by custom agents anytime we came back as they had him