When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen Snowflake price?

makubex05

I know we have a lot of experts and fans in Tudor Snowflake here.

Please help to give me some input what is the fair value of this Snowflake.

According to seller:

Correct folded oyster bracelet with proper end links, new correct authentic Rolex pearl in the bezel and a new old stock

Rolex acrylic crystal.

Not sure if the dial and hands are original from this watch or replacement; expert please chime in.

Thanks in advance.

Tudor5.jpg

Tudor4.jpg

According to seller:

Correct folded oyster bracelet with proper end links, new correct authentic Rolex pearl in the bezel and a new old stock

Rolex acrylic crystal.

Not sure if the dial and hands are original from this watch or replacement; expert please chime in.

Thanks in advance.

Tudor5.jpg

Tudor4.jpg

That's a nice Tudor snowflake!! A great, and what looks like it's all original or at least 100% correct(maybe the difference in the dial and hand lume is because the dial was a service replacement, but If so, I think from long ago).

Funny how with Tudor, Rolex really felt they could move away from the conventional submariner formula of the tradition black dial with round markers and Mercedes hands.

They really created a very unique and many ways more aesthetically interesting.

I believe these will be the collector watches of the future :thumbsupsmileyanim: ...

All the best

Ed

Edited by eddog

I was pursuing one for a while (before I got sidetracked with another godforsaken project) and I found that the going rate for one in good condition is $2800-$3200 with papers if not box as well. You can find them in the low $2k area but typically not in great shape and of course no box or papers. If you are trying to find out what is going on with the dial you might ask the seller to remove the back as Rolex service usually marks when it was last serviced and that might help.

According to seller:

Rolex acrylic crystal.

Thanks in advance.

Snowflake subs are known to have dials age at a different rate then the hands. It is not uncommon to find this on the ones that have not had any water intrusion. Typically when you see the VERY aged tritium and some issues with the text that at some point, there was moisture intrusion in the case.

Looking at that one I see a very good example. If you pay over $3000 though, you are paying too much.

This one sold almost 2 weeks ago for $2350 with relumed hands and no bracelet.

tudorblue.jpg

I paid less then $3000 in June for mine which was serviced at the RSC in May with a complete spa treatment including service dial, hands, insert, new bezel, new bracelet and new crystal.

tudorblue.jpg

Thanks for all the help everyone.

@redwatch: Congrats for your watch. It worth all the efforts that you put :) Thanks a lot for all your replies to my PMs.

@gavidoc: the one from 2 weeks ago with different lume color on hands was actually sold just a little bit over 2K, not the asking price..I also contact the seller but a bit late.

I saw yours in WUS if not mistaken. Looks nice!

@gavidoc: the one from 2 weeks ago with different lume color on hands was actually sold just a little bit over 2K, not the asking price..I also contact the seller but a bit late.

I saw yours in WUS if not mistaken. Looks nice!

Hey Boss,

The one I posted above was sold by a good friend of mine. He told me he got the asking price and it was sold to a bloke in th UK. There is also another one for sale currently on another forum that has an asking price of $2850 with the original box and the solid ends tudor bracelet. That is a fair price for that one and the condition and would be the same for the one you posted. Don't pay more then 3k though as that is over priced currently. Once Tudor is reintroduced in the US I see the possibility of the prices going higher considering they are more rare then their Rolex brethren but that's a few years from now.

Hey Boss,

The one I posted above was sold by a good friend of mine. He told me he got the asking price and it was sold to a bloke in th UK. There is also another one for sale currently on another forum that has an asking price of $2850 with the original box and the solid ends tudor bracelet. That is a fair price for that one and the condition and would be the same for the one you posted. Don't pay more then 3k though as that is over priced currently. Once Tudor is reintroduced in the US I see the possibility of the prices going higher considering they are more rare then their Rolex brethren but that's a few years from now.

Hey,

@redwatch : an amazing project you just finished. I love the aged dial !

@everyone : I am also interesting in buying a gen tudor submariner but, as i am in EU, the price is little bit higher. Do you have any website where i could be able to find a good deal ? Thanks.