When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSSD: Ultimate or V5?

shultz

Hi there,

I am considering to add a DSSD to my 1680 and SSD but actually I am a bit confused (I tried the search :g: of course)which version is the most recommended: What's the difference between EuroTimez' ultimate version and V5? Just from the pics I can't judge it. Thanks for an info. BTW ( should be placed in the sales corner forgive me...): I would appreciate an offer :thumbsupsmileyanim:

My understanding is that the V5 is the one to get. The other new release that is hotly debated is the new Supreme Edition from PT (Precious Time). There are varying differences and pro's and con's to each. I think the general consensus is that the V5 DSSD is still the better one out of the box. Just make sure the blue lume is consistent across the whole watch.

Hope that helps!

99% of the members here will recommend you the Eurotimes V5 -

i would recommend you the PT Supreme for 2 reasons : it has a nicer movement inside

an PT is a pleasure to deal with.

both watches look "good enough" on the pictures - i cant tell wich is more accurate -

till now i didn't see an V5 in RL - but i had an V3 and V2 in my hand -

compared to these - the PT Supreme is a nice improvement ;)

cheers,

Frank

Bezel font, thickness and color on the PT is off..also the dial markers are not right..the silver ring around the luminous marker is way too thick.

Go with a V5 and get it lumed or buy a lumed one from Vac

Nutz

i just have to say this is the biggest BS i read in a long time :shock:

the dial markers esp are outstanding - just perfect !

did you ever see a gen DSSD ? which colour have the markers in the insert ?

bright white ? ;)

come on ! :p

cheers,

Frank

I agree with Star, even if I ordered a V5...And a decorated movement.

genpt.jpg

Bezel font, thickness and grey color on the PT are good

The thickness of silver rings around the luminous markers are Ok too.

Surely, there are flaws on the V5 and the Supreme but elsewhere...

@ schultz: Higher price comes from the movement 2836 decorated 3135.

Eurotimez, back in the race is now listing this mov. alone...

EDIT: pics courtesy of panerista1979 and Star69.

let face it - BOTH are nice reps :)

and i think they are as good as reps will go - strong buy !

cheers,

Frank

As one of the many here who started out not liking the look of the DSSD when it first appeared (and now saving the lunch money to get one). The model gets a hell of a lot of air-time on the forums.

Frank - How's your Supreme from PT doing. When we last saw it, you had in pieces on a workbench. Any mods going on? and is it getting much wrist time?

All the best,

Beano

As one of the many here who started out not liking the look of the DSSD when it first appeared (and now saving the lunch money to get one). The model gets a hell of a lot of air-time on the forums.

Frank - How's your Supreme from PT doing. When we last saw it, you had in pieces on a workbench. Any mods going on? and is it getting much wrist time?

All the best,

Beano

no mods - i just keep it as it is -

its strange - not total love at the first sight - i did not wear it a lot - but since 2 weeks i wear it nearly all the time :rolleyes:

not so flashy like my Breitlings -no *bling*bling* - watches without AR are so outdated ... ;) but the size is just perfect for me :)

cheers,

Frank

@ schultz: Higher price comes from the movement 2836 decorated 3135.

Eurotimez, back in the race is now listing this mov. alone...

antomarty

I have searched ET website and could not find decorated 2836 (as 3135) movement being sold separately at all. Could you please provide a link if possible?

I think this is the missing component that would make V5 really the best dssd rep.

Thanks

Al

antomarty

I have searched ET website and could not find decorated 2836 (as 3135) movement being sold separately at all. Could you please provide a link if possible?

I think this is the missing component that would make V5 really the best dssd rep.

Thanks

Al

I agree, that's the V5 missing component.

You can see it on the xml home page ( not on the list on the left)

If xml loaading fail just click again on "home" You'll see: New watches 2009...ETA-3135-ROLEX.

Just two pics, I had to ask.

Seri supplies it at 200$, mail her here: payment.eurotimez@gmail.com.

• 2 months later...

The whole DSSD alphabet soup thing is really getting confusing. I'm glad I decided to buy and get out of the game at the V5 "upgraded" exit so I can put up with it's shortcomings and enjoy life! ;)

The whole DSSD alphabet soup thing is really getting confusing. I'm glad I decided to buy and get out of the game at the V5 "upgraded" exit so I can put up with it's shortcomings and enjoy life! ;)

I ordered the $368 Ult-Ver one from TT so I'm looking forward to check it out :pardon:

Guest techlogik

I just received my so-called ultimate super great whatever from Hont. I have owned the V5 and the Ultimate from other vendors.

I would say this one looks like the one in the photos, the pearl, bezel...etc..only thing I would say is my hour markers with silver around them are more like the gen, more silver showing compared to the photo of the rep markers.

Only thing I would say...stay away from Eurotimez V5 until they fix the slanted print on the dial issue. I keep saying this in all the threads, but I have proven it with photos on at 10 of them, and they acknowledge the problem. They don't care apparently. Unless they can send you a photo of an actual watch they QC with a straight on dial shot to prove it is straight, I would either go with another dealer, or source a dial and swap it in the V5. But that is a hassle and you shouldn't have to go through that nonsense.

I am happy with mine from Hont, and he has the best prices for a Swiss (asian ETA) movement delivered.

Eurotimez is probably on the front edge of this push for a better DSSD, but the dial print is a real bugger for me personally.

Good luck and let us know what you go with.

Now that I have both I can honestly say that Josh's ultimate is way better than he V5. The only thing better about the v5 is the 10 is evenly spaced on bezel.

I'll keep wearing the ultimate. The v5 is like a kids toys compared to it.

So happy to have read your post. My first reply/post in a thread outside of AP. I only buy from Josh and he says this is the best version out there right now. Is this the one you have?

http://www.perfect-hour.com/00000000000rlsd00088-deep-dweller-asia-3135-p-7924.html

This is by far the most confusing market for one watch model with so many versions.