When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sinn U2 (EZM 5)

morlock

Great review...one issue...Puretime lists his watch with correct sec hand as being Titanium case.

Strange if this were true.

Definitely the case is not Ti, it's SS sandblasted and could and again, could be Ti plated, I am not an expert on metal. But what is true it's the look and feel of the case finish is so unique.

DUDE Big Respect for the effort of putting this together

thank you so much, tis another for the list of wants

ST4

ST4, thanks pal, now with the sec hand fixed, this baby is a must have. B)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, even when I'm Argentinian too, I write you in English for respect to the other members of the forum.

I'm about to buy my first rep (can't decide between a Tag Carrera DayDate 43mm, Breitling for Bentley GT, Blancpain Fifty Fathoms Chrono and Breitling SuperOcean Heritage 46 Chrono) and I'm affraid about our customs retaining it.

I'll appreciate your experience about how is the best way to have it delivered to Argentina.

I've seen your review of the Tag Carrera Day Date (excellent, by the way). Can you recomend me who has the better replica?

Thanks in advanced!!!

Osval

Great review.

I've had mine a couple of days now and love it to bits, I'm gonna have it serviced and re-lumed but thats it.

Yesterday, I needed to get a key cut, so I asked them (Timpsons in the UK.They do shoe repairs, cut keys and replace watch batteries )If they would pressure test my U2.

"Sorry", the guy said "we'd need to send it away to be done because its rated to 200m."

I said ,"look closely, that says 2000m "

"We can't test it that deep, it will have to be sent away", Like talking to a brick wall, it was :lol:

"Just do it to 30m" i said, " I opened the back up to have a look and just want to know that I've put it back right" I lied.

I did n't tell him it was a rep.

I went to pick it up half an hour later and asked,

"Well, how did it do?"

The guy replied "I tested it down to the maximum our machine will do"

"Not 30m? " I said.

"It says 2000m on the dial" he said " Our machine will only do down to 100m"

"Are you telling me that it is water resistant to 100m at least"

"Yes" he says

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I have n't even took the back off and greased the o-ring and its passed a 100m pressure test.

Unbelievable, this is a mega rep and I can't recomend it enough.

The only fault is that the strap seems to collect micro-fluff. I know now that I can run it under the tap though :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Great review.

I've had mine a couple of days now and love it to bits, I'm gonna have it serviced and re-lumed but thats it.

Yesterday, I needed to get a key cut, so I asked them (Timpsons in the UK.They do shoe repairs, cut keys and replace watch batteries )If they would pressure test my U2.

"Sorry", the guy said "we'd need to send it away to be done because its rated to 200m."

I said ,"look closely, that says 2000m "

"We can't test it that deep, it will have to be sent away", Like talking to a brick wall, it was :lol:

"Just do it to 30m" i said, " I opened the back up to have a look and just want to know that I've put it back right" I lied.

I did n't tell him it was a rep.

I went to pick it up half an hour later and asked,

"Well, how did it do?"

The guy replied "I tested it down to the maximum our machine will do"

"Not 30m? " I said.

"It says 2000m on the dial" he said " Our machine will only do down to 100m"

"Are you telling me that it is water resistant to 100m at least"

"Yes" he says

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I have n't even took the back off and greased the o-ring and its passed a 100m pressure test.

Unbelievable, this is a mega rep and I can't recomend it enough.

The only fault is that the strap seems to collect micro-fluff. I know now that I can run it under the tap though :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I've heard that the strap is the weak link with the watch. Easy to fix that though.

Good to know about the water test.