When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Santos 100

archibald

Ever notice how our repmaking friends sometimes have mental blocks against certain watches, that no matter how many versions they do they can never quite get them right. Even odder is that these watches are usually the ones that seem the easiest to rep, technically? Case in point, the Santos 100: The first versions had the swiss made under the VI instead of on either side as per the gen; a mysteririous gaps between the X, XI and XI (how did the gaps appear there and nowhere else on the dial?) and a incorectly bulbous "sapphire" cobechon on the crown.. Then they fixed the dial print flaw, which was apparently so easy that they decided to design and stamp the dial with some sort of wavy texture absent on the gen. For V.3 they made a version with a flat sapphire in the crown but forgot to fix the dial. Now they have re-fixed the "swiss made," lost the waves (retaining the incorrect too-big gap between the X, XI, and XII but I can live with that). But, just to give nitpickers like me something to [censored] about, they ecided to throw bulbochons from v.1... Since I have a good crown version, i suppose I will buy a $275 fake watch just for the less inacurate dial. Mission Accomplished, Repmakers!!!

http://www.tt88time.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=21_163&products_id=5004

Please post a good photo and your findings when your new version arrives.

I was very disappointed that they didn't fix the most obvious tell (to my waning eyesight)--the spacing between the 'X' legs in the numerals 9, 10 & 11. This one really stands out to me. Unless I hear about very good other changes, I am not pulling the trigger on this version. I would have in an instant if this spacing error was fixed. I don't get it!

Please post a good photo and your findings when your new version arrives.

I was very disappointed that they didn't fix the most obvious tell (to my waning eyesight)--the spacing between the 'X' legs in the numerals 9, 10 & 11. This one really stands out to me. Unless I hear about very good other changes, I am not pulling the trigger on this version. I would have in an instant if this spacing error was fixed. I don't get it!

When I get the "new" Santos I'll post a few pics and compare it with the PWC Santos I have.

IMG_2702kopie.jpg

This just never ceases to amaze me. One of the least complicated watches to replicate yet all makers refuses to get it all right.....

They can get the HBB nearly perfect yet they can't fix the dial on the santos 100

sighhhh....

The PWC version is the best still (on right).

And for the lucky 9 guys...the rocket dial version on the left (best santos 100 available today) on 9 though.

p1000651tv2.jpg

Edited by rocket754

Could you please tell where are these Rocket versions from then?

I love the Santos and am acutally still gutted I missed out on the Rocket dial's completely and then when he sold his personal one as well. Rocket = Rocket754 who posted above who like many of us has a thing for the Santos, who comissioned a run of 9 dial's I think which were very good but sadly no more were made as the manufacturer refused or something IIRC (wasn't very active in those days).

When my Santos 100 chrono did work before dying it was on my wrist almost every day. While these reps have improved they still have a way to go sadly as they seem to be dancing back and forth with these flaws.

These PWC ones mentioned here seem quite good, will have to look into that one as completely missed that whole chapter!

• 2 weeks later...
if you are interesting ,send message to me .

many people say i am quite interesting. :D

Is that a black MOP dial on that one Ubi?

This watch has always been weird for me. I bought one when they came out years ago and sold it almost immediately. Then I bought a two tone one thinking the gold would do it for me and sold that one. Then I even bought and all gold one and a two tone one on a bracelet thinking that big solid bracelet has got to make this my every day wear. All those are gone and most recently I picked up a SS one on a bracelet from a local dealer. Still in plastic.

I must say that one above looks good. If they rep that dial in black mop I would have to try this again. I have trouble with the square watch although I had a gen TT chronoflex that I loved and wish I never sold.

So as you all can see I'm a noob and joined expressly to find the best REP Santos 100. So sad that the Rocket Dial is no longer available. So what is the next best option? The PWC? I can't find this particular rep in the trade area....what gives? I'm very motivated right now and don't want to settle for a crappy rep.

Thanks for the help. RWG might change my life.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally found some Santos lovers... and glad I found this post too :thumbsupsmileyanim:

My very first motivation when I joined rwg and replica watch was to get the best Santos 100 Chrono replica but I must admit that I finally gave up.

Numerous flaws seem to haunt this rep eventhough itdoes not have the complexity of a Hublot,a Breitling or whatever watch you want..

If anybody out there can find THE "replica of the year" I am willing to spend big money :victory: