When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WM9 V2 Sales

archibald

I may be rank noob when it comes to Rolex, but I've been around RWG long enough to know that when you see a bunch of sales threads for watches of a single type it can only mean 2 things: 1)someone has just discovered a major flaw or 2) a significantly better version is soon to be released. I assume that the 2892 subs are the reason all those v2's are being sold and since I'm in the market for a new LV in which to install my gen dial,I guess I need to decide whether to pick up the next v2 LV that comes up or if I should wait for the first round of the new versions to be resold.

Here's the question: While I'd like to use my gen dial, I am by no means a Sub fanatic--is the difference between the V2 and the 2892 version just the crown position? If that's the case I'll probably hunt a bargain by buying a v2. If there are other differences that non-Rolex WIS's can spot I'll probably buy the 2892...

AFIK besides the dial, its just the crown position. Which in my opinion is one of the biggest flaws of all reps to date, and is prety noticeable. Besides that, the higher crown position adds to comfort on wearing it, especially if you wear your watch loose on the wrist. It could very well be it has a 'better' pearl or insert but most probably go for a gen insert anyways.

Crown position flaw being "very noticeable" is exaggerating, imho. It took several years from the RWG members to even start discussing about this flaw. Members are so obsessed with the Submariner that they completely lose their perspective... me thinks you have to place the rep beside the gen to notice this... or be a compulsive-obsessive RWG Sub nerd. :D

Besides, the crown position varies greatly between the reps. Maybe it's a Sub issue, but the Noobfactory Explorer II, for example, has pretty much perfect crown position. The WHS is 98% correct, and the CHS is 100% correct.

I've read from many sources that "all Rolex replicas have wrong crown position". This is definitely a myth.

crowns.jpg

Selling mine because of a new purchase and more incoming watches, no nefarious purposes hahaha.

+

I didn't think ANYBODY was selling for nefarious purposes--I just figured since the release date on the 2892 was coming up, folks who ordered didn't see the need to have two of the same watch. I was just trying to figure out what i was going to do: buy a 2892 or pick up one of y'alls v2's! :) I think i'm going to pick up a noob, actually.

There is not a 2892 version as it will use the 2824 which uses a slightly higher crown position and will then match the gen.

The latest V2's have a much improved bezel too over the first generation V2's. They are the correct width(original was slightly smaller with less defined edges) but now has a much crisper profile and a deeper well to fit the insert so you get the correct lip around the edge as per genuine watches. Also the insert has a flatter profile inline more with a gen watch.

The only flaw is the end link and as Bytor say's, the V1.5 and precioustime watch had a much better end link and fitted more snug into the lugs. I beleive George is working on this flaw.

The LV will be very impressive I'm sure and worth the wait.