When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help Needed - Fake or Not

TJGladeRaider

I am currently in Paris on assignment.

It is important that I assess the credibility of an individual I am dealing with.

He seems to be very rich, but I noticed that his Patek Phillipe has a see thru back, and his Louis Vuitton case seems a little frayed for something so expensive.

Do any of you know FOR SURE whether a Gen Patek Phillipe would have a see thru back? It has what appeared to be a manual wind movement with Patek Phillipe on the bridge. I may be spelling that wrong.

If any of you know the answer, please e-mail me at TJGladeRaider@aol.com.

This is the case I am working on here. The target was reminded to a particularly nasty prison yesterday. Obviously, he is a fraud, but there is another person involved whose credibility is important to assess.

http://www.fraudsandscams.com/TroyStratos/TroyDavidStratos.htm

Thanks much.

Bill

A number of Pateks do indeed have crystal case backs - Gondolo, Calatrava, Nautilus and Aquanaut all have crystal case backs or include models with such. The complicated models seem to either have display case backs or include interchangeable display and solid case backs. Consequently you really have to know the exact model to know if it should have a display back or not.

A number of Pateks do indeed have crystal case backs - Gondolo, Calatrava, Nautilus and Aquanaut all have crystal case backs or include models with such. The complicated models seem to either have display case backs or include interchangeable display and solid case backs. Consequently you really have to know the exact model to know if it should have a display back or not.

Thnks so much, that actually answers my question perfectly.

I am dealing with a guy who seems legit, all evidence of everything he claims to be, but the clear case back concerned me, as I thought that might be an obvious "tell." Since it is not, no worries -- under these circumstances, it would have been very worrisome for this particular guy to be lying to me. Wearing a rep wouldn't be the issue - it was the rather involved story he told me about a royal family giving it to him as a goft.

Thanks,

Bill

Thnks so much, that actually answers my question perfectly.

I am dealing with a guy who seems legit, all evidence of everything he claims to be, but the clear case back concerned me, as I thought that might be an obvious "tell." Since it is not, no worries -- under these circumstances, it would have been very worrisome for this particular guy to be lying to me. Wearing a rep wouldn't be the issue - it was the rather involved story he told me about a royal family giving it to him as a goft.

Thanks,

Bill

No problem, happy to be able to help. Just out of curiosity, if i may: which royal family?