When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New 111h With Updated Cdg Movement

leitztozeiss

Well, I am now a happy owner of a 111H with updated CDG movement. The 111H is from Natalie, though I did not order directly from her. It was another member who actually ordered it from her, and I ended up just buying it from him. It's a long story, but anyway here's the details . . .

- The ETA movement is decorated very nicely. The CDG engraving is a major improvement over the previous version. Also has the seventeen jewel engraving. Needle is the fat one, characteristic of the 'working' swan neck.

- CG is brushed and fits nicely against the case. Lever was floppy, but I fixed that by inserting a small piece of rubber in the hole in the lever - feels like gen now (really). Also, I made the lever pivot pin flush with the top of the CG, and brushed the top of the pin like the rest of the CG - so it all looks very uniform.

- Crown is better than the early 111H's, but not quite thick enough. Looking directly at the watch, the crown appears to have a nice thickness. But, at an angle, the chamfered or rounded edges make the crown appear thin. In short, better but not quite thick enough.

- Lume sucks big time.

- Strap. Surprisingly good - better than early rep straps. The brown strap has a nice thick pad, and the stitching is very nice. Not an Xamas, but you can at least wear it out of the box and not feel like an ass.

- Recessed pin is still there, though not as deep as before. You really have to look close to notice. The hour/minute hands are black anyway, so it tends to hide what little shadow there is from the recess. Even at a sharp angle, you can see most of the top of the pin - so it really is an improvement.

- Crystal is synthetic sapphire AND is very nicely AR'd.

- Case is thicker than the previous 111H case. Polish is very high and looks great. I spotted a couple of roughly finished (though highly polished) edges along a couple of the lugs. I took care of this immediately with some dremel work.

- CG screws are bigger, with very robust looking threads.

- Also, nothing is misspelled anywhere on the watch. OFFICINE PANERAI engraving on the movement is crisp.

Well, that's it for now. I know pics will do better than anything I've described. I'll try to take care ot that tomorrow guys.

Wow, I didn't know Natalie was still around.

Sounds like a winner. I look forward to seeing it.

Well, I am now a happy owner of a 111H with updated CDG movement. The 111H is from Natalie, though I did not order directly from her. It was another member who actually ordered it from her, and I ended up just buying it from him. It's a long story, but anyway here's the details . . .

- The ETA movement is decorated very nicely. The CDG engraving is a major improvement over the previous version. Also has the seventeen jewel engraving. Needle is the fat one, characteristic of the 'working' swan neck.

- CG is brushed and fits nicely against the case. Lever was floppy, but I fixed that by inserting a small piece of rubber in the hole in the lever - feels like gen now (really). Also, I made the lever pivot pin flush with the top of the CG, and brushed the top of the pin like the rest of the CG - so it all looks very uniform.

- Crown is better than the early 111H's, but not quite thick enough. Looking directly at the watch, the crown appears to have a nice thickness. But, at an angle, the chamfered or rounded edges make the crown appear thin. In short, better but not quite thick enough.

- Lume sucks big time.

- Strap. Surprisingly good - better than early rep straps. The brown strap has a nice thick pad, and the stitching is very nice. Not an Xamas, but you can at least wear it out of the box and not feel like an ass.

- Recessed pin is still there, though not as deep as before. You really have to look close to notice. The hour/minute hands are black anyway, so it tends to hide what little shallow there is from the recess. Even at a sharp angle, you can see most of the top of the pin - so it really is an improvement.

- Crystal is synthetic sapphire AND is very nicely AR'd.

- Case is thicker than the previous 111H case. Polish is very high and looks great. I spotted a couple of roughly finished (though highly polished) edges along a couple of the lugs. I took care of this immediately with some dremel work.

- CG screws are bigger, with very robust looking threads.

- Also, nothing is misspelled anywhere on the watch. OFFICINE PANERAI engraving on the movement is crisp.

Well, that's it for now. I know pics will do better than anything I've described. I'll try to take care ot that tomorrow guys.

. . . Also, I made the lever pivot pin flush with the top of the CG, and brushed the top of the pin like the rest of the CG - so it all looks very uniform...

How did you perform this mod? A file? Please advise...Thanks!

BTW...Nice looking watch!

How did you perform this mod? A file? Please advise...Thanks!

BTW...Nice looking watch!

Dudro. It is very simple. You will need a sharp tipped tool to press the pin from the bottom side. Press the pin is flush with the top side or sticks up a little from the top side. If the pin sticks up a little from the top side, then press the pin and the CG together against a flat surface, like a counter top (that's what I did).

You will need to apply a good amount of pressure, as the pin is press fit.

It will help to first remove the CG from the case first. Oh, one more thing. I took two small pieces of folded card board and placed it at opposite ends under the CG so that the pin had room to stick out when I pressed the pin through from the opposite side. Know what I mean? I can try to post a pic if that's not clear.

Dudro. It is very simple. You will need a sharp tipped tool to press the pin from the bottom side. Press the pin is flush with the top side or sticks up a little from the top side. If the pin sticks up a little from the top side, then press the pin and the CG together against a flat surface, like a counter top (that's what I did).

You will need to apply a good amount of pressure, as the pin is press fit.

It will help to first remove the CG from the case first. Oh, one more thing. I took two small pieces of folded card board and placed it at opposite ends under the CG so that the pin had room to stick out when I pressed the pin through from the opposite side. Know what I mean? I can try to post a pic if that's not clear.

Got it! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks!

I didn't buy directly from Natalie. But, the friend I purchased it from has made numerous purchases from her recently and in the past. He's 100% on delivery and quality of watches from her. This is not an endorsement. This is just fact. Even our best dealers here have their detractors.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
looks like this is the movement The Zigmeister is warning us about. just now being produced w/ CDG 'H' instead of 'G' 'PANERAI PANERAI'. lookagain at the pics. i recommend ELs 111H -incorrect appearing regulator but better quality movement.

j

where can i find The Zigmeister's post on this movement?