When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Quartz-powered reps

Pugwash

On a different thread, a discussion with docblackrock reminded me that I need a quartz watch. Now, I'm not a fan of quartz watches and have a very short list of acceptable gens, including the Timex TX range or maybe, at a pinch, a Tissot Touch.

However, it occurred to me that a quartz rep of a decent quartz gen would be a good thing to own. I've long pondered getting Mrs Pugwash a J12 quartz rep as it'd be for her and she doesn't give a monkeys about quartz vs automatics, but what about for me? What quartz rep would be acceptable for a rephound like myself?

Ideally, what we need is a 99% rep of this:

51z7jfB0V4L._AA280_.jpg

Or at a pinch, if you really insist, one of these:

x33.jpg

I'm sure these movements can't be that hard to find in China, so do good reps exist? If not, what quartz reps do you like? Preferably quartz reps of quartz gens. :)

How about this way.. I am belive most gens quartz are price not expencive much .. Example Tag's Quartz.. So if your ok with used ones quartz gens than you can find on ebay for great price on good condition.. So maybe better buy gen used quartz?

Edited by seymur

I have had a yearning for an Aerospace for quite some time.

I have been told by a couple of dealers, when trying to order a rep version that the movements with the larger 'inverted' digital displays are no longer made, and they could not supply the watch shown on their sites.

I had a common sense bypass a while back and ordered one anyway from 'another site'.

You can read about it here

Oh Dear!

Anyway, I am right behind you in the queue if you ever find a source for an even half decent Aerospace rep.

Just let me know where!

BTW I still have it in the sock draw, never even worn it once. Go on make me an offer! ;)

Here are my current stock of quartz reps...

AP ROO quartz:

aproo8.jpg

aproo7.jpg

aproo1.jpg

jreeman4201medium.jpg

jfreeman4202medium.jpg

Ebel BTR 1911 quartz (had the black dial one, too, but can't find the pix)

ebelbtr2medium.jpg

ebelbtr4medium.jpg

ebelbtrallmedium.jpg

HBB Lite quartz:

hbbliteallmedium.jpg

Had this one but sold it to Sixx...this is a beauty...

UN Maxi Diver quartz:

img2179medium.jpg

img2187medium.jpg

img2183medium.jpg

img2182medium.jpg

img2181medium.jpg

Last but not least -- my fav gen quartz... :whistling:

2002 Breitling Aerospace quartz:

aerospace1.jpg

@Slarts - thanks...the Aerospace WAS my grail... :wub:

and the Ebel I picked up from an ioffer member who no longer sells reps...it can still be found on sites like watcheden.com...for less than $100usd...a really nice piece...the bracelet is nice, but for now, she's on a light caramel colored strap...plan to look for a yellow diver strap to add some character to it... 8)

R-

The Tag Heuer Formula 1 Chronograph, along with its "Indy 500" brother are among the best quartz-replicas around. Seems like many reps are using the same ETA-quartz as the gen.

DSC_5076.jpg

This Vintage Heuer Quartz-replica was available some years ago.. I kind of regret that I did not pick one up... Weird watch to replicate!

TAG0015_4.jpg

The X-33 is a decent watch for the price. I think it might still available from some dealers?

Tintin_X-33.jpg

Breitling Emergency and Aerospace.. Seems we are still waiting.. However, the caseback looks cool and there is a compass inside the antenna! :p

em2.jpg

Em3.jpg

Em1.jpg