When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How to make contact

scarass

Hello everyone,

I have been trying to make contact with a person selling genuine IWC movements without result. I'm guessing he is ignoring my posts because I'm new to this forum and do not have many posts.

Any suggestions how to be a a "trusted" or "senior" member without having to wait for a year or two and make 5-10 "looking good" posts or other non-constructive posts? I am reading the forums daily and have made my first purchase (from ptswiss) and have been trying to take in all the great info there is on this wonderful forum.

I hope this post wont start a noob-flaming towards me (if you do not like the post ignore it). I know there are some great people on this forum who gladly helps a noob in need :bounce:

Thank you good forum fellows!

(yeah I will post pix on the Explorer as soon as I get it :) )

Hello everyone,

I have been trying to make contact with a person selling genuine IWC movements without result. I'm guessing he is ignoring my posts because I'm new to this forum and do not have many posts.

Any suggestions how to be a a "trusted" or "senior" member without having to wait for a year or two and make 5-10 "looking good" posts or other non-constructive posts? I am reading the forums daily and have made my first purchase (from ptswiss) and have been trying to take in all the great info there is on this wonderful forum.

I hope this post wont start a noob-flaming towards me (if you do not like the post ignore it). I know there are some great people on this forum who gladly helps a noob in need :bounce:

Thank you good forum fellows!

(yeah I will post pix on the Explorer as soon as I get it :) )

I hate to say it, but there isn't really any way to become trusted in a community with out either contributing to it (and by that I mean contribution by participation, not just financial contribution) or, by knowing someone who already is well known in the community vouching for you. That's not meant as a flaming at all, just pointing out that trust is something which has to be earned gradually. That said, there are members here who will no-doubt be more than happy to assist you if they can :)

The person in question might not be ignoring you, but might just be busy. I hope you manage to work something out :) Welcome to the forum :good:

I don't think he's ignoring you. Check your spam box...it might have been filtered out if you sent him an email...or, you can try posting a simple response in his sale thread saying "Hi...tried sending you a PM X days ago and haven't heard back. Have you received it?"

He might not have received it. The new PM system is causing grief to some people I've read. It's harder to see the list of recent messages from people because they are all organized by "conversations" now...so if you have a LOT of conversations, you might have thought a message was responded to.

Be patient...and just make new contact. If they are not selling to people they don't know, they will usually say that explicitly in the sales thread.

Welcome to the board. We really aren't that "elitist".

its not personal i'm sure. Either very busy or missed your message completely.

I've been around a little bit. No great claim to fame, but I've posted more than my share of 0 reply threads and sent my share of emails that have gone without reply. I think we all go through times where we secretly think no one likes us or we are unimportant to the membership. Just tell yourself, "who cares! There just a bunch of strangers that like fake watches!"

I kid. Welcome. :D

You're not likely to get flamed here, 99% of RWG have pretty good manors.