When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mid-week wristcheck!

Member X

Hey that is great TJ. Didn't know you had one of those. I had many many DJ and DD reps. Speaking of bracelets, the new rep Rolesor and President braclets and clasps are surprisingly good. That feel is the whole deal with these watches. Many people that look at this things and maybe find them boring (or too small) really should feel one to see what they are all about. Of all my watches, the DJ has the most luxurious feel. Something about the foundary and the way Rolex finshes metals is just so stunning. The new reps have really captured a great deal of it I must say. And for the noobs that haven't seen the old threads, these watches wear bigger than you think. Check out this pic of my DJ on my far from small 7.5" wrist...

DJmini1.jpg

I'm glad you like it, bro :) It was a very recent arrival (maybe a couple of weeks ago...) but it had to go straight back because of the bracelet failure, which then contributed to the auto-wind assembly self-destructing in the watch, or we would have been happy to have just put a new bracelet on it :) Emily was really pleased with it, and it really suited her, so was pretty dissappointed when the bracelet failed, but hopefully the replacement will be a bit more durable :lol: I really liked it myself, so will probably get one for myself when I have the spare cash, as a 'suit watch' :) I know the markers aren't quite the right shape, but I felt that the dial replicated the appearance of Rhodium very well (more so to the naked eye than a camera...) and all the markers were properly alligned, so I felt it was a good purchase (until it fell apart :lol::black_eye: )

Today I find myslef wearing a pretty nice Breitling SFSO I just got from one of the RWG members. It's the "lite" version with the Asian 21J movement, but it seems OK, and at first glance it nearly impossible to tell it's not a hi-beat movement, the seconds "sweep" is pretty smooth.

For the last month, prior to this, I've been wearing the new orange PO Chrono with an orange leather strap. That's a beautiful watch, but boy does it attract too much attention. The SteelFish on the other hand blends in.

I'll probably wear this for a few weeks, then try something else.