When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Seamaster Broad Arrow - quick pix

hackR

@ Red...you can do the mod on this one to make it more visually accurate...if it bothers you.

When you hold these things in your hand, you have to assess at the size of the piece, whether it bugs you enough to have the hour hand in synch with the 6-o-clock subdial, or whether or not you would rather freeze it. I'll probably freeze mine in the future...but right now, it bothers me none.

@ Red...you can do the mod on this one to make it more visually accurate...if it bothers you.

When you hold these things in your hand, you have to assess at the size of the piece, whether it bugs you enough to have the hour hand in synch with the 6-o-clock subdial, or whether or not you would rather freeze it. I'll probably freeze mine in the future...but right now, it bothers me none.

I took a different view with my Speedy. I removed the 6 sub dial hand, and relocated it 5 hours ahead of the main hour hand. In this way it never looks synched to the eye, and gives the impression of accumulated hours on the chrono. Works well.

Give it a try!

@ hackR....great piece! I need one myself.

thanks, guys!...

as Toad says, the subdial at 6 is really something very small to discern...unless the watch needs servicing or something, i'll probably just let it go...

someone told me that if you haven't had a watch with this type of acrylic domed crystal you won't appreciate how cool it really looks...it really is a nice piece...the uniformity of the dial, the blue hands and the polished ss bezel with black lettering/numbering gives this watch different looks depending on the wrist angle and the lighting...

pysched, i am!...R