When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How do I know where to order from?

Anguz

Hello and greetings,

I am a fairly new guy here and really don't know where to order from. Is there a list of reputable dealers who won't just take my money and run?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Hello and greetings,

I am a fairly new guy here and really don't know where to order from. Is there a list of reputable dealers who won't just take my money and run?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Beware of the rep sellers, even the trusty ones can turn on you.

@OrenG,

No doubt!

However I believe that "Caveat Emptor" should apply to every transaction we have in life.

When I was recently in China, I found there was a major problem with counterfeit money.

And do you know one of the most likely sources? The Banks! Apparently they get a lot of counterfeit passed, and need to dispose of it. So they look for "silly Westeners" to pass it on to! It's not acceptable for it to go back into the system!

The best place to get currency in China is ATM's, as it's checked and fresh.

Offshore

Thanks for the help all.

I am going to get a Panerai Luminor Regatta economy watch from Silix Prime as a tester as I am still trepidacious about it, as one member said, "buyer beware".

As a first time buyer, but long time watch lover, I will let you know how it turns out.

Cheers again!

Thanks for the help all.

I am going to get a Panerai Luminor Regatta economy watch from Silix Prime as a tester as I am still trepidacious about it, as one member said, "buyer beware".

As a first time buyer, but long time watch lover, I will let you know how it turns out.

Cheers again!

I have heard good things about silix. I have the 7750 Reggata, real nice watch. good luck with your new watch, Im sure your going really like It. :) Mike

Thanks for the help all.

Cheers again!

I'd have to say the reverse of Maxman.

You will be lucky if you receive precisely what you order, and communications to resolve it, while polite, will be painfully slow. I wouldn't use them again as a dealer or recommend them to anyone else...

You will be lucky if you receive precisely what you order, and communications to resolve it, while polite, will be painfully slow. I wouldn't use them again as a dealer or recommend them to anyone else...

Ditto that. Well, mostly. I have never received anything but what I ordered from Silix. But I also ask alot of very specific questions like 'I want this watch because you describe it as being 12mm high. Is the watch I receive going to match your specifications & pictures EXACTLY?' As long as both buyer & seller know what to expect, you should not have a problem getting what you see on their website.

On the other hand, if accuracy is your primary goal, Silix is probably not your best option. And getting either email responses or your watch from Silix can be a long, agonizing process (my last 2 orders took 3 & 2 months, respectively, to arrive, with numerous promises (of shipped watches) followed by numerous (delayed) apologies (for not shipping same)). :thumbdown:

Ditto that. Well, mostly. I have never received anything but what I ordered from Silix. But I also ask alot of very specific questions like 'I want this watch because you describe it as being 12mm high. Is the watch I receive going to match your specifications & pictures EXACTLY?' As long as both buyer & seller know what to expect, you should not have a problem getting what you see on their website.

On the other hand, if accuracy is your primary goal, Silix is probably not your best option. And getting either email responses or your watch from Silix can be a long, agonizing process (my last 2 orders took 3 & 2 months, respectively, to arrive, with numerous promises (of shipped watches) followed by numerous (delayed) apologies (for not shipping same)). :thumbdown:

You've definitely been lucky. My vintage sub was the wrong dial variant (it should have been the 3,6,9 dial) My first X-32 was missing faux-screws from the case-back, and the battery for the hands was near dead, and the replacement which was sent had the exact same problems, then, on top of that, the Jubilee bracelet I ordered at the same time as the vintage sub simply never arrived at all (I told Silix to just forget about it ages ago)

All in all, I would say that there if someone is looking for a 'budget dealer', there are more reliable ones about than Silix (just not necessarily on the 'forum trusted list'...)

Okay...now I'm worried. So, as a new guy. Even the dealers listed here, you are not necessarily going to be taken care of.

Ok, as a first time buyer, where do you think I should buy from? Anything specific? I am looking around but don't know what sites to trust. I have been doing my research and learning, e.g. if the face reads 10:10 then it is not likely a picture of the watch you will receive but some of the sites that are purported to be trustworthy use images that are set on 10:10.

I am a veeeery big watch lover but live on a budget as I'm a student and saving up for my move to London in May. I want the cool style, in fact there are several I want, but dont want to get ripped off either!

Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi...you're my only hope...

Cheers!

PS, I really appreciate people putting in their 2 cents. This forum is excellent!

i know Sead is not listed here... BUTTTTTT i have to say.. he's been awesome to deal with, plus he does QC and send you pics BEFORE sending you the watch..

just sayin...

Anyways, are you in the states or eu? cause if you are in the states, i would say sead, if in eu, then narikka. Then anyone of these dealers :)

goodluck

Okay...now I'm worried. So, as a new guy. Even the dealers listed here, you are not necessarily going to be taken care of.

Ok, as a first time buyer, where do you think I should buy from? Anything specific? I am looking around but don't know what sites to trust. I have been doing my research and learning, e.g. if the face reads 10:10 then it is not likely a picture of the watch you will receive but some of the sites that are purported to be trustworthy use images that are set on 10:10.

I am a veeeery big watch lover but live on a budget as I'm a student and saving up for my move to London in May. I want the cool style, in fact there are several I want, but dont want to get ripped off either!

Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi...you're my only hope...

Cheers!

PS, I really appreciate people putting in their 2 cents. This forum is excellent!

Of the forum listed dealers, I would personally recommend Narikaa and WatchEden as being awesome to do business with.

Another site I do business on, is called QCout.com. The site is something like eBay, but one of the payment methods offered, is an in-house escrow service. If you're not happy with the goods, you return them, and the site returns your money. Likewise, if a dealer gets kicked off while in the middle of a transaction, the deal gets automatically cancelled, and you get your money returned. If a dealer gets more than 3 negative feedbacks, then they are gone. Personally, I find that very reassuring. You might not necessarily find the range as you might with a forum dealer, but, the majority of the most popular watches are available, and in 'budget versions' which are still (in my opinion) excellent value for the money.

The best thing to do, (either here or there) is to read dealer feedback. Even the most popular dealers (here) occasionally get complaints, but, they do take care of their customers, then there're others like Silix, who, in my experience, really aren't as reliable as one might hope for...

If the worst comes to the worst, if you see a watch you like the look of, post a link to the forum, and the experts can give you a 'yay or nay' :) Best of luck :good: (and welcome to the forum :drinks: )

Another site I do business on, is called QCout.com. The site is something like eBay, but one of the payment methods offered, is an in-house escrow service.

I will recommend this advice up to a point.

If you are in the US, your payment options may be quite limited. It is basically set up for UK buyers. You are best off to find a seller who accepts Paypal. That said, you will always get a watch.

I will recommend this advice up to a point.

If you are in the US, your payment options may be quite limited. It is basically set up for UK buyers. You are best off to find a seller who accepts Paypal. That said, you will always get a watch.

I'd disagree that Paypal is the best option to use on CQout, simply because the in-house escrow service offers better protection for funds. A deal I had going though was cancelled as someone had put multiple negative feedbacks to the seller about the same issue, which automatically booted them. To be honest, their communication had gotten ropy, so perhaps they were one of the frequent 'burn outs' one sees in this hobby, but, either way, my cash was safe, and refunded to my account before I even realized the deal had been cancelled :)