When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How Does One Adjust A New 28,000 Bph 7750

Mine started out at 40 seconds fast a day. Now it is about 1 sec for every 1 to 2 days. Regulation marks (+ or -) are not present so I moved the regulator arm to lengthen or shorten it's sliding attachment point on the spring. Moving the regulator arm towards the based attachment point lengthens it, moving away and it shortens it.

Final adjustments were made in fractions of a millimeter by using a loop to see the regulator arm movement. You need a steady hand to do this.

I am not a trained person working on watches so I provide this with no guarantee and only share what I did. Hopefully experts will respond to your request.

Usil

Edited by Usil

Mine started out at 40 seconds fast a day. Now it is about 1 sec for every 1 to 2 days. Regulation marks (+ or -) are not present so I moved the regulator arm to lengthen or shorten it's sliding attachment point on the spring. Moving the regulator arm towards the based attachment point lengthens it, moving away and it shortens it.

Final adjustments were made in fractions of a millimeter by using a loop to see the regulator arm movement. You need a steady hand to do this.

I am not a trained person working on watches so I provide this with no guarantee and only share what I did. Hopefully experts will respond to your request.

Usil

Thanks but I still don't know which one of the two "tabs" on the balance wheel to move and in which direction to slow it. Maybe if you could use this image as a reference to describe it.

107169-24737.jpg

As stated, move the adjuster with the two dots on it, not the one that the single attachment.

To slow the timing, move the two dot lever closer to the single dot lever.

To speed up the timing, move the two dot lever farther away from the single dot lever.

Very little movement goes a long way, move very little at a time and recheck results.

The lever pointing to the left with the two blobs on is the one you move. DO NOT MOVE THE OTHER ONE.

107278-24720.jpg

Roger that. I moved the 2 dot lever and slowed the watch to an imperceptable change over 1 hour from gaining about 2 sec per hour. Time will tell. BTW, not that I did it, (echhhhhh!!!!) but what would happen if I move the other lever?

BTW, not that I did it, (echhhhhh!!!!) but what would happen if I move the other lever?

It makes the baby jesus cry.

When I moved the lever, it sent the watch into an unreliable frenzy. It sometimes stopped, ran ±20m a day, and was basically useless as a timepiece unless you set it several times a day.

After that, it had an enjoyable trip to Canada whereby it was fettled by Master The Zigmeister.

I'd run accuracy tests for you, but it's packed up ready to go back to Canada with a new dial ...