When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DW 6263 7760 Durability

gplracer

Mine lasts 48 hours from a full wind. It's weird as it does not tighten and stop turning as it gets fully wound up. But the feel totally changes instead once full wound. You can feel that the winding is not having an effect on the spring anymore.

Think it's about 9 months old now. Only prob is the minute chrono totaliser resets to 59 not 0 but it's always been like that. Easy 60 second fix if i want it to sit at 0.

Edited by TheBluePrince

Mine lasts 48 hours from a full wind. It's weird as it does not tighten and stop turning as it gets fully wound up. But the feel totally changes instead once full wound. You can feel that the winding is not having an effect on the spring anymore.

My understanding of the modded 7750 is that it should not "stop" like a true manual wind movement. Manual winds you wind until they stop and you're done. With the a7750s, you wind until around the range it would stop.

Try winding to 50 winds and see if that gives you any more juice on the PR. My 6263 is a Seagull ST19 and it takes about 50-60 for a full wind.

Like all auto-winds, the mainspring will begin to 'slip' inside the barrel (the metal container that holds the spring) once it is fully-wound. Removing the auto-wind rotor (or assembly) does not turn a 7750 into a (manual-wind) 7760, it just removes the auto winding functionality.

If you wind the watch 40 turns, it should run for at least 36 hours. If it stops before that, the movement requires service.

Problem with these automatics by design is they don't like to be manually wound. Ratios on these types are designed to give it a fast jump-start. The zigmaster did some explaining about this issue, however can't seem to find the post anymore.

The problem you are referring to is the (high) rate of speed of the auto-wind gearing when an auto-wind movement is manually-wound. Of course, this is a non-issue when the auto-wind components themselves have been doffed, as is the case here.