When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP ROO Date Wheel Spacing

apollo22

It looks like they finally got it right this time. It is hard to tell if it is the tach ring that is moved in at a different angle, or the date wheel has been changed to the correct position. I guess until someone gets one and does a review with an "older" model we will not know. Maybe a measurement of the distance will take care of this question.

I love these watches and think they are some of the closest reps to gen on the market with the seconds at 12. A good service on these movements will make them run good with no problems!

It does look like they have changed the angle on the bezel.

The gens have the same (almost touching) spacing from the numbers to the bezel edge as the reps while the latest picture they have a gap.

Either way it's still a nice piece, now if they would fix the colour of the volcano bezel & sell it separately I would live with the gap :)

It does looks good. If they can fix the creamy colour on the dial, it must be the best APROO sec@12 available.

Not sure how many sec@12 factories are there, Josh do have the upgraded creamy dial for the Safari though. Only if King's supplier can do the same...... they will sell thousands of it.

post-943-125636923931_thumb.jpg

I am really interested in this watch but I have a number of things that are making me hesitate. First is, aren't the dial numerals supposed to have silver surrounds? Also, the date number in the window looks to be pretty off (too low) in the datewindow. What do you all think?

Here are more pics and the description:

3555_P_1254197415462.jpg

3555_P_1254197534154.jpg

3555_P_1254197535535.jpg

3555_P_1254197536363.jpg

3555_P_1254197536555.jpg

Here is the new description:

Model : SS Case, Updated Off White Checkered Dial, White Subdials, Black Embossed Numeral Markers on SS Bracelet With Trip lock Double Deployant Clasp With Insignia

We will never get the perfect dial. Improve the date window but with the serious flaw of the hour markers. And can't really see the dial is in creamy colour as describe by King. If Josh's picture is real, then it is still a better bet despite the date window is further on the right.

Anyone actually got either of the Safari in hand to comment?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...