When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex No-Date Sub 14060 @ ETZ!

redwatch

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I would like to keep the price low but there are parts that are already been made an thus expensive.

For the 1st round I think we should produce a base model not too many fancy things on it.

My suggestion.

BASE MODEL

V3-case with lugholes + 93150 + endlinks (what is the correct nr??) + 14060 dial + mbk crystal (has the smallest etched crown at 6 on the crystal).

--------------------

Optional extra's

CLARK CRYSTAL installed + 1 piece gasket + 40 usd

WATCHMATERIAL PEARL installed on the bezel + 20 usd

Superlumnovia dial + hands

(will be a separate project after completion - we will discuss this further-, price would be depending on volume-output min 25 buyers +/- 40-50 usd per set)

-----------------------

SOURCING AND PRODUCING PARTS min QTY

In order to understand what will be done to get this watch made and the pricing.

These are min orders from factories which will be an big investment.

Like we will produce a complete new dial, that means we need to produce a min of 300-500 dials.

For DW we need to produce at least 1000 DW's or I'll try to source a current one like from noobfactory.

For hands we can prob get it already in smaller qty.

Since we are using existing case from MBK we can buy per 10 or so.

For Strap mbk 93150 + endlinks can be bought as well.

We need movements, GEN ETA, COPY ETA, DG 4813, DG 2813 (asian movement).

We need then to assemble it together, silicon grease it, Quality control it, take pics etc.

IMPORTANT NOTE regarding the price

The case + straps are the most expensive part.

example without movement I sell the case-set(crown, glass, movement holder, case + caseback) at 200 usd

the strap is normally being 93150 + endlinks are normally - 65 usd.

Movement are also pricey, an COPY ETA is approx 100 usd, GEN ETA - 150 usd.

Do note that MBK / MBW are made from higher grade steel, and are produced in Taiwan, not in China and mbk/mbw products are generally already 2x more expensive then chinese counter-part. MBK is known for it's high-end quality/products hence high price.

So the base price of this model won't be cheap even if with DG2813 movement.

So all in all it's quite an investment. I am willing to take on the project.

We need to assemble it as well and put all the parts together as well.

PRICE + MIN ORDER

I need at least 30 buyers. If we can secure 30 buyers then I would need to take a small deposit of approx 25 usd per buyer.

Time is approx 1-2 months to produce the perfect dial (RWG forum will be updated on the process, samples etc)

Pre-Order-Price would be if 30 buyers (would go down if we can secure more buyers).

GEN ETA - 350 usd

COPY ETA - 300 usd

DG4813 - 260 usd

DG2813 - 235 usd

All will of course get pics of their actual watch prior to shipping and QC'd.

Price doesn't incl shipping.

Price after the pre-order will be + 40-50 usd on top of the pre-order price.

I need to know if at this price range it is still interesting enough to do this project. If we can secure more pre-order buyers the pre-order price can drop slightly.

Once again I want to keep the price lower than this...but I have to calculate my risk/investment and it needs to be slightly worth my while as well ;)

I really want to do this project together with you guys it would be the first of many if we can successfully pull it off.

-Eurotimez

Edited by EuroTimez

Tkx Redwatch, the Superlumnovia will be another separate project tho, it should easy to do after we completed the complete dial 14060 as we have the design locked down.

We need to first secure 29 more buyers ;) We do first only the Base-Model + optionals on request.

Do you think we should open a new thread?

I am in also, GEN ETA, Clark Crystal for me.

Will the bezel accept a Gen insert? Also, I would be interested in SuperLume down the road.

I would also me interested in buying, a second one, it in kit form, or additional pieces. (i.e. case & dial)

Last thing: Did we decide on the NON-COSC dial? :pray:

V3-case with lugholes + 93150 + endlinks (what is the correct nr??) + 14060 dial + mbk crystal (has the smallest etched crown at 6 on the crystal).

According to TRR Appendix I, and TRF - 501B is correct.

Late A-Series have been reported with 593 in some cases.

-or- If you are going to the factory, now might also be a good time to get 585's that could be used for those of us with SeaDweller 1665 projects. ;) (See Freddy333's post about the desire for these)

Im in. Let me know how and when..... when it comes to the deposit. However I must reiterate and I HOPE everyone will back me up....it must be done R I G H T! No gaps where the end links meet the case, no super high crystal, No huge defects period. Also can you tell me why the case holes cannot be drilled the correct size to begin with??? If the case is coming without the holes and the holes need to be drilled then why not drill them the proper size? The proper LOOK of this watch is to be able to see the ends of those springbars when looking at the sides of the case.

Hi Perry,

Lugholes are already there, and I asked but I dont have connection to a factory that is willing at usuable cost to re-drill.

Like stated it's near 98% read the posts above, it's as good as it gets and has advantages as some mentioned using a 16610 case, as parts for these are easier to find. No gabs should be universal standard. Check the pics posted of a V3 euromariner, that is how it going to look like except for the datemag and dial... with 93150 hollow midlink strap.

Deposit will be collected when and if we can get 25 more members to sign up. Spread the word...

25 members in the 22k community that we have, should be a piece of cake.

Chris:

I dont see any pics on your website of a V3. Can you posts some showing the lug holes with the bracelet on? Is there a member who can act as a modder that could receive these watches and drill out the lug holes and install the proper spring bars? I have had no luck with anyone doing this for me. One guy nearly ruined my MBW 1665 GWSD in the process!

Some question Eurotimez, sorry...... :wub:

-1- Do lugholes fit GEn springbars?

-2- Do the V3 case got the Gen like construction bezel? (pictures are wellcome )

-3- Do the bezel accept GEN insert?

-4- Can you get one ETA movement without the intermediate data setting Click on the crown stem? ( Like Gen 14060 )

8)

Edited by rosnik

You wont need DWs for 14060 Chris and will a clarks no date crystal fit a V3 since the 14060 is naturally smaller and the euromariner V3 is of a 16610?

Rosnik im no expert but you can probably remove that crown position from the keyless works by filing down the bump, The Zigmeister would obviously know more as i believe hes actually removed it. But if not its not really a big deal to have to pull out the crown one extra position and doing this wouldnt be the firts give away of a rep any ways. Im more interested in appearance and that should take precedence

You wont need DWs for 14060 Chris and will a clarks no date crystal fit a V3 since the 14060 is naturally smaller and the euromariner V3 is of a 16610?

Good question, but I believe any Gen parts will need to be 16610 based. Something to keep in mind when modding. (i.e. buy a gen insert for 16610, Clarks non-Cyclops for 16610). Right Chris?

@Rosnik

1. I dont think it will fit gen spring bars, as the lughole needs to be slightly bigger that is what I have been writing.

2. yes

3. suppose to, but maybe needs a little sandpaper

4. I dont understand this Q, but we can only put in a ETA movement 2836-2 or maybe a 2824-2 have to see, and I don't know what else needs to get done on that to make it like you want.

@ Perry

Go read more up the posts, the pic of V3 is right there.

@Posthighoeyazmuhudee hahahah, stupid of me, we are talking about a no Date submariner, sorry it was very late... of course we dont need a DW. I was just thinking in my mind all the things needed for a submariner, got confused while talking over the 16610 (as it based on that case).

I will open a new thread soon for people to sign up, if all can spread the word on this forum and maybe others get them to sign here in RWG. Then we can get this project rolling.

We need approx 22 more people to go...

About the lugholes, maybe just maybe, I would have to negotiate with MBK but it will be a bit of a far shot... as I need to have a higher pre-order rate... but I will try my utmost best. Maybe he is willing to make 50 cases with a bigger drilled lughole... I will see what i can do, but for now don't count on it. It is a minor sacrifice we have to make to get it 98% perfect... most might not care. And I'm sure there is perhaps somebody (i thought a member named OMEGA) did lughole -redrilling- and didn't ALIGOAT did some lughole drilling in a 16610 noobmariner in the past. I can still remember those posts... so there are ways to have it redrilled... if this is a huge issue.

But for the 30 ppl signing up we need to come to a conclusion, because we need to start of with a base-model, but if all different things are a "MUST" and for other another issue is A "MUST"... we won't come to an agreement or at least not at the current rate. Understand we need to keep the cost down so it will be affordable with min investment, like with lugholes, drilling it fraction of mm bigger it will add the overal cost if there is a factory willing to do it (sofar I dont have one that is "willing" to re-drill on a few cases).

Chris

Some extra questions for EZ.

thank you.

- IMO: GEN SPRINGBARS lugholes is really important facilities .

- Do your V3 case got GEN like CROWN and Big 24-703 tube?

- Do this new case will be re-engraved with correct 14060or 14060M instead of 16610 numbers at the lugs?

Some picture of GEN can sure help.

bctfuqbgkkgrhgohdejlll0.jpg

bcbiiwbwkkgrhgookjoejll.jpg

bcbonmkkgrhgookicejllmy.jpg

bcbqfqbgkkgrhgookjeejll.jpg

bcc1ggbwkkgrhgookjsejll.jpg

bcbvwwcgkkgrhgookjkejll.jpg

bccgqwkkgrhgookj4ejllmn.jpg

bcczwg2kkgrhgooki0ejllm.jpg