When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai noob need some help (german)

deniz21

hi guys, first i must say here are very cool modded watches and very informative themes, i was only reading the last few days ;) and now i want a pam for myself :)

but wich one;) im from germany and im a noob in this, but after reading i have a favorit the 111H with all optical mods fron angus(puretime)

is it a good deal for out of the box, and has the glass this blue shine or is it clear??

and as second watch i want a submersible or arctos, are there any tips, wich one is the best for me too buy, at least i want to spend 300 for the watch

and maybe here are some german people who can help me here, where there did buy usw. please contact me if your german

greetings deniz

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi guys, i dont know but i still love the 111 :) but for me a franken or highly modded versions dosnt work :whistling:

i think of buying a normal swiss one from PT, but my point is, there are guides for good watches like omega or breitling, but for pams :g: are the standard ones not accurate to make a guide, and are there people who wear it without mods maybe crown guard mod and a nice strap, are there worth the money or ??

are the normal ones wearable of course with a good strap.

wow great pics , and yes for 99bucks its absolutly great, but your watch look realy well maded, crown guard, canon pin, realy nice:) it seems to be that you helping me a lot :thumbsupsmileyanim:

lume yeah that would be great, but im from germany and thats different here to find someone, and the sellers for modded, are all from oversee too risky for me :whistling:

I would give Seads $400 fully modded 111h a try. Thanks to the strong Euro the difference in price is not that significant. A friend of mine just ordered one, and Sead is now even including the blue tint removal in the price. I know German custom might be a PITA but maybe you know somebody in a more open country who can help.

For 111H there are too many variations out there to comment, so I'll let some of the other members do so. Its also hard for me to comment as both my 111s are highly modded and cost a fair amount but are stunning :)

For Subs and Arktos though, there are only very few out there which are "Ultimates". I believe the general consensus is that the Ultimate 199 is the best out of box PAM submersible around. PureTime has it and I think its below $300. The next best are the Arktos range, the PAM 092 and 186 with the 252 last (due to the engraving on the back being not as good as the gen). I would like to add the PAM 243 in there as well, though its got a few tells, its got amazing presence, and I prefer the fiddy case for subs instead of the luminor case. You can find a review on the 243 in my sig and its fairly cheap, around $230.

hi dropbear, my first way a few month ago was to sead, but he said me he dosnt ship to germany :whistling: and at the moment i dosnt know some ho can do this for me, open country? from uk maybe?, but i dont know one...

hi unregistred, yeah i was reading your review, and it was great realy nice looking watch and your strap is also real good looking, but the rep strap is realy weird :thumbsupsmileyanim: yes and i like the 199 also very much :) but the dial i dont know..

but i wantet a universal watch like the 111, but maybe the subs are also so? i never seen one live only on pics

Well, the universal Submersible is the PAM24, but the reps arn't that good to be honest. I too am not a fan of the 199's dial, the weave dial just doesn't do it for me :) Good luck on the search, personally, I think you would be better off with an ultimate Submersible which are damn near hard to tell as reps, than a 111 which have a lot of tells, unless you go the Little Hero route, but that will cost over $1000. But that's just my opinion after being around PAM reps for so long.

yes the 252 and 186 in ultimate version are very well made, and of course real nice looking, i like them realy very much, maybe your right in cause of the flaws the subs are better made, but the 111 is such i nice watch, i love it so much since i weard it at a ad :thumbsupsmileyanim:

and thanks for your help, but the rest i must decide formyself, and thats not easy for me :bangin:

greetings deniz :victory:

Just to rub some salt in the wounds ;)

IMG_2307.jpg

111I & 111E, both reps :D

But cost a pretty penny.

Yeah, I strongly suggest going for the subs instead. Harder to call out since less people wear them, and some truly are stunning.

But it's a journey though. I started with a DSN 112, and sold that and stayed off PAMs for awhile and made vintage pieces, then slowly but surely I came back to the fold, getting and building that 111E, then a franken 232, afterwhich the 240 Ti, and then the biggest purchase, the LH 111I, and now the 243I.

Edited by unregistered

wow two realy beautys and for sure worth the money and time you spent in :victory: respect.

but hey why 2 of such stunners, you cant wear them at a time, send me one and i will wear it for you sir :thumbsupsmileyanim:

what are you going to do with your 243, do your wear that sub without mods, is it so good for you?

Well, the 243 I've already begun modifying it bit by bit. The markers are now polished and this is a MUST DO mod for this piece, after I did it, I couldn't take my eyes off the watch and ended up keeping it (its for a friend and I ordered another one for him :D). Pushed up the CG pin and mildly flattened it. The next mod is to get one of Taka's datewheels when they are done and install. After that, there is nothing left I can do, unless a proper mod is found to replace that cyclops

IMG_2387.jpg

In truth, when I picked up the 111I from LH, I was going to sell my 111E. However, after having both, they are such different watches and both a joy to behold. I love the 111E movement more than the 111I, and each has it's own personality. :)

IMG_2315.jpg

Edited by unregistered

wow again great pics, and i like your 243 more and more, but one question are there different versions outthere? when i buy i think from pt, and iss the bezel correkt on the watch? it seems not so correct on the pics the angle from the tpo to the bottum of the marks on the bezel, but hey it looks very very cool with the strap and the polishd dots :)

and of course these two are keepers, and wear them well all the time you put them on, great watches

Well, on the wrist, no the cyclops and dw arn't that bad, but they are significantly different from the gen

243i_cyc.jpg

The cyclops doesn't bother me all that much, but seems to bother some. The dw, slightly, that's why I will change it, I prefer the thick "squashed" look of the gen.

There may be other versions, but I aint too sure, they should all come from the same factory. It could just be the angle.

Edited by unregistered

Here's what I told someone else when they asked about polishing the dots

I first used 1000 grit carbide sandpaper (think its called that, any hardware store should have'em, a dark grey type of sandpaper for metal), and sanded down the markers till the circular swirls were gone, about 2~3 minutes per marker. Then switched over the Cape Cod cloth and that worked great to polish it up to a nice shine.

But BEFORE any of this, I masked the whole watch head with masking tape, or just magic tape, and made small cutouts so only the markers were sticking up.

Straps, if you want something highend and amazing, get from Strap Culture or Heroic18 :D Something cheap but decent Panatime. I've also tried the Getat Watch straps and they are very impressive for the price. The one on my 243 is the suede locco horse from Panatime which I distressed further in bleach.

As for the price of the watch. It's up to you mate, buy the dealer first, then the watch. I've used most and they are generally all ok, price wise, +/- $30 from each other.

Edited by unregistered

thanks for the polishing tips, i will it so when i buy it for sure, and i personaly prefer strap coulture and heroic, the buckles are so great :D , a little bit pricey but awsome :thumbsupsmileyanim: but i like your ammo also very much, brown looks really cool, what do you think about a black strap coulture

The gen Pams have a very faint blue "hue" that is the AR (anti reflective coating)

I prefer my watches with a date but have vintage watches without them..

here are pics of my 111H modded and my 104 modded.. both have genuine crowns..re lume .. I have a better crystal for the mag for my 104 .. fyi.. imo..the strap really makes a huge difference.

111h003.jpg

111h014.jpg

111h007.jpg

111h010.jpg

pam104021.jpg

pam104004.jpg

pam104023.jpg

pam104020.jpg

pam104034.jpg

pam104040.jpg

hope that helps you

AC/Lani

lani, it depends on the model and series

For eg, the PAM25H has a faint purple hue to the AR, same as the 177H and 104J. The earlier D series (first series to start having ARed crystals) has blueish hue to the crystal and I've seen pics of a 164J and even 005G with bluish tint. The newer 111/112J&K have almost no hue to the AR at all. Just some of the differences I've seen whilst handling a wide range of gen PAMs.

So sometimes, with us nitpicking every little detail, it gets a little crazy as there are huge differences in the gens themselves.

hi lani yes the customs are realy bad, otherwise i had orderd one from sead or dsn :wounded1:

but its realy too much risk for me, that they take the watch..

do you know places in eu for mods or relume of pans lanikai?

pt and euro, have the standard 111h models price its ok with swanneck cannon pin looks good, but without good lume or somethin

http://ptswiss.com/index.php?cPath=44

but do you think its worth too buy and wear out of the box? the biggest thing for me are the lume and the crown guard, with the other things i can live.

and your 111h is one of the beatiest ive ever seen, almost like the real thing that i weard at the shop, and your 104 never seen in real live, but wow a real stunner, very beautyful

btw the translation is very bad :) maybe like my english :D

My favorite black one is actually from a strap maker on RG. Vanilla Gorilla. Amazing guy and I've just started a project with him for a 27/24 brown ostrich leg strap for my 232. He made this black 24/24 strap for me and it's stunning;

IMG_2123.jpgIMG_2125.jpg

thats a real cool looking strap :)