When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My latest purchase - Milsub 5513

Gadget Man

I've not been active for a while but I recently bought a new camera and I also bought myself a budget priced Milsub so I thought I would share some photo's with you.

I really like the look and feel of this and I know it has flaws, but for the budget price that it cost, I dont think it's half bad?

I do think I need to leave it in the sun and do some 'ageing' on it now though, it looks far too new for a 35-40 year old watch, what do you guys think?

IMG_0473.jpg

IMG_0636.jpg

IMG_0642.jpg

IMG_0648.jpg

IMG_0652.jpg

That's a tasty looking watch, and interesting that it is a budget version, but only has 'Oyster Perpetual', where the budget versions often have 'Oyster Perpetual Date' on the dial (Pretty funny for a no-date watch :lol: ) so that one's quite a find :victory: As you say, a little vintaging, and it'll be looking 'historically authentic' :good:

Nice Gadgetman -I like the coffee lume dial tone!

A better insert with the correct lumidot will be a nice mod, you can bleach the insert a little (50% water/50% bleach for a few mintues at a time) to give it the lived in feel.

Yes, lets hear more about the Browning HP!

I'm a 5517 fan too.... ;)

My Sig had to stand in for a BHP since I don't own one!

DSCN5169.jpg

DSC_1538.jpg