When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Here comes that sinking feeling

You're not alone. Personally, I went through the same thing a few months ago. I wanted to buy something but of the 4 dealers' sites I regularly peruse, nobody had anything I wanted. Eventually, things turned around, new reps got made and so forth. Now, there are a few that I want but I'm not in a buying mode. Still, it's nice to know they're there if I want them. That's a much better feeling than wanting something that's not there.

You're not alone. Personally, I went through the same thing a few months ago. I wanted to buy something but of the 4 dealers' sites I regularly peruse, nobody had anything I wanted. Eventually, things turned around, new reps got made and so forth. Now, there are a few that I want but I'm not in a buying mode. Still, it's nice to know they're there if I want them. That's a much better feeling than wanting something that's not there.

Thanks for the answer! But was this mode/feeling based of:

1. "There is nothing there that I want"

2. "Nothing to wait for"?

For me it is 25% #1 and 75% #2

I think I'm done sometimes...but yup, as soon as something is coming back from the servicing or a new purchase the wait gets me excited again. Sometimes even just ordering an accessory for the watch (a camera filter, photo studio, whatever) will get my excitement renewed.

As to #1, I find reading the posts here on RWG, the reviews I get fuelled by other people's excitement and start getting intrigued by things I never thought I would look at 6 months ago.

I've said it before. The trick is to be happy with what you have... and not what you don't have. It's been almost a year since I bought a new rep. But I'm very happy with my collection... I don't have to buy new watches all the time.

Au contrary, I think it's an ideal situation if you already have all the watches you always wanted.

Thanks for the answer! But was this mode/feeling based of:

1. "There is nothing there that I want"

2. "Nothing to wait for"?

For me it is 25% #1 and 75% #2

Try googling "compulsive shopping disorder" and see if it applies to you. I'm not flaming you here just figured I'd let you do some research on your own and draw your own conclusions.

My last order, the AP ROO EOD, needs a service and lume and I should be good to go...but PAM1A keeps getting me excited again about other ROOs. The new gray dials and the RBII is what I am currently lusting after...

Sure hope the Compulsive shopping disorder hasn't got me either.

It's all about the therapy that some of us need from time to time.

If you haven't got a buzz from a new rep watch in a while, maybe you need to just take a flying leap on a big risk.

Big risk, small money. Always cheaper than therapy. It's always good to have things coming in the mail. Just keep the cost less than the cost of therapy and it's all good. Whatever you get, it will be a good topic here, good for laughs or good for learning.

Carl

I agree "The Wait" is part of the fun, I've had a watch take 4 moths to put together and now its done, I need anothe project.

Its sad that all I have in the pipeline is a cheapo CG from Getat and one that's on a repair mission somewhere in GZ.

Checking the EMS website 10 times a day and seeing something stuck in customs is all part of it.

There are plenty of nice watches out there, I can hear Sinns ,UNs, Californias and Pilots all calling me.

Alas there's no room in the box and no $$$ in the bank.