When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is Gen 16610 Really Worth Getting?

Guest Sql_pl

I agree with my friend Watcher. WM9 is SO good.

And being a GMT fan I'd much rather spend the same money to 16710 with much more sophisticated movement and a genius GMT complication. 3135 doesn't really offer anything that ETA reps don't have.

But then again how can you argue against the most legendary diver's watch ever made? People can say whatever they want about Rolex but it's stil... well... a Rolex. If you're a huge Sub fan like Stephane... why not? Otherwise go for WM9.

Well the price is not that special as it would be around $4400.00 but it is a rare thing that it is located around 180 km from my home, inside my country so it would be a hand to hand deal which is good.

I see they are being offered for some nicer prices in US but I am not a huge fan of high value overseas shipments...

It is a D series watch but first sold in 2008 so I guess it was sitting for 2 years somewhere....

At $4400, I'd pass.

$4400 is too much.

YOu don't have to send a sub back to a RSC for service. The AD that I use for my Subs has his own staff that service the watches. He has a parts account and turn around time is 2 weeks. His price is half of a RSC service ($250 instead of $500) and he doesn't try to change all the parts on my vintage watches. His warranty is also 2 years instead of 1 year which is standard from the RSC. Not to mention I'm not paying an arm and a leg for parts.

Example: 380b and 580b endlinks on the forums will run you $150-$200. Guess how much they cost straight from Rolex......$50 a set. Real crowns....$35 IIRC. Real tubes...$35 IIRC.

I've given this thread 48 hours of thought.

Yes. Yes it is worth getting. If I had a genuine Submariner I would be big happy. I would be big happy for you too Maciek.

Wrist shot please. On Ola if you don't mind. I remember she modelled a 16520 on the old RWG. I thought then; "Whoa, those are the most beautiful hands I've seen." Then again, her holding 'Arta', it reminded me.

Do it!

I had a date sub years ago, and I liked it at the time but the weak point is the bracelet- that sheet metal clasp really sucks and the back is so plain.

Tried on the gen DSSD and it improves the sub, but the size on the back and the tiny tapered bracelet kills it for me, I would buy the rep but only because it's so cheap.

I think that is the thing, if you make enough to not worry about dropping 5k like it is to drop 500 bucks then get the gen. Percentage wise 5k out of 100k net per yr. is still 5% of your net yearly income, kind of a big deal.

But I want to see the seiko marine master- http://www.higuchi-inc.com/sbdb001.html everyone said is is so far above the rolex fit and finish wise. My rolex always ran about 5mins fast a month, would I purchase it again, probably not. Rolex's also have the highest appeal among middle management, and I don't fit into that niche.

Also my taste has migrated to around 42mm-44mm sizes, I have a rep explorer and it is so small I don't bother wearing it anymore.