When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Advice please on Seamaster 007

Muppet

Hi all,

Been a lurker here for a long time, but just got back into my watches :)

I bought an Omega Seamaster 007 from here back in 2008 from user "sockme66" for $229 inc shipping (I'm UK)

I can't find the original for sale thread, so I can't find any details on it as to movement type / quality etc, but now I would like to sell it as I haven't worn it (been wearing my Gen SMP C Pro).

Here are some pics, can anyone help me with a good description of it / fair valuation please ?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23671476@N03/sets/72157622410897675/

I appreciate any help - Thanks !

No, it probably means that without something more to go on no one can really help you beyond the simple research you probably already did before posting your question.

Without movement type and origin of the watch, you will get answers all over the map (or none, as you are currently experiencing). At the very least you should remove the caseback and see what kind of movement you have. If you can't tell, take a few pictures and post them and I'm sure someone will be able to identify it for you.

If it's an asian 21j movement it's probably worth about $50, assuming it's in great shape. New, that version is $108 at most dealers. If it's a real Swiss ETA, then around $175-$200 in great shape since they can be bought new for around $260.

This model is pretty much past it's prime as a rep, especially with the quality of the UPO, so you will probably have to price it agressively to move it. Just don't try to list it until you know for sure what you have.

How's the second hand sweep? Smooth or somewhat choppy? What about the date font? Compare the date font to other Omegas.

Choppy sweeping hand/crappy date font - usually asian

Smooth sweeping hand/non-crappy date font - usually eta

Hope that helps.

From what little I can see, it's a GENUINE ETA movement.

For reference, the secret to good pics, place the watch so it's dial down, good lighting, no closer than your camera can actually focus, take the picture at the max resolution of the camera, then crop the picture to just slightly larger than the watch, and presto, a clear, in focus, high detailed picture, without the need for a macro lens...

How's the second hand sweep? Smooth or somewhat choppy? What about the date font? Compare the date font to other Omegas.

Choppy sweeping hand/crappy date font - usually asian

Smooth sweeping hand/non-crappy date font - usually eta

Hope that helps.

I'd say smooth imo. Also the date font is not quite as bold as my Gen SMP Chrono, but still looks fine.