When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Another Doxa Conquistador spotted!

Nanuq

I know zero of the particulars of the line but that hour hand looks like a retrofit....................this isn't the watch that you posted here a week back on 1800lastbid ? The one that was being bid on as the 'would be' winner of the auction was trying to unload it on Watchuseek?

http://www.1800lastbid.com/auction/listings/details/index.cfm?itemnum=117130&ID=0

Looking at the pics in the link (auction), the time is set to 2045, hiding the hour hand........ :g:

Okay, who can tell me what four things are wrong with this ultra rare Doxa?

Conquistador Professional

And who can tell me where else it was for sale in the last 2 weeks? :whistling:

ok i'll give it a shot:

i) the crown

ii) the hour hand

iii) the HEV (shouldn't have the slot)

iv) not too sure about this last one, but the seconds hand just looks off :g:

oh, and the watch was on that shady auction website; i guess the good news here is the buyer got the watch he bought...

so, how did i do? :bounce:

deltatahoe

I've been telling you guys... Doxa is where Rolex was 20 to 25 years ago. ULTRA rare pieces are changing hands for $4,000 and less. How much would you say an ultra rare, ummm, Milgauss 6541 would cost right now? Twenty years ago it was $375.

Go get 'em, guys. Stock up while they're cheap.

Nice guesses to Delta and Lani... what's wrong is:

1) Hours hand

2) Minutes hand

3) Seconds hand

4) Slotted HEV.

Man, the most ultra rare, unobtainable part on the whole watch has a slot cut in it? The pain!!!

I bet Freddy could make a new insert slug to press fit into that HEV... :whistling:

Nanuq, was this the other place it was up for sale?

http://www.1800lastbid.com/auction/listings/details/index.cfm?itemnum=117130&ID=0

Still waiting for a Blacklung to surface again, hopefully before I`m too old to strap it on myself :) .

I lost out last spring when one came up for grabs, and won`t let it happen again.

And who can tell me where else it was for sale in the last 2 weeks? :whistling:

Grand Rapids, MI. Told you I was going up there just for Vodka! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I know where this Amazing Glass place is, about 20-25 mintues from my house. It is like a flea market of sourts. all kinds of stuff there! Maybe if I hold this in my hands, I will warm up to it! :whistling:

That tell-tale "orange" color on the seconds hand looks wrong as well as the hour and minute hands looking wrong. Also, isn't this series supposed to have a domed crystal?, the picture looks like a flat crystal. Oh, and by the way, even if it were totally legit and even though its an uber-cool watch, there is no way in hell it is worth over $5k!!

Cheers B)