When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help - Is This Normal?

rwg777

I have two watches, one is Asian Automatic 21J, the other is Swiss ETA 2824-2 Automatic.

When I hold them in my hand and move them side to side medium fast, then stop, I can hear the pendulum (I think thats what you call it) inside spin freely by itself quite fast. Then slows and stops.

They are both not fully wound, barely 1 day of wearing in a few days.

Is this normal? What's going on?

That's the rotor that winds the mainspring... All automatic watches have a rotor so they wind when you move.

The ETA Valjoux 7750 is even louder... Beautiful sound, isn't it? :thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim:

Oh i see. It is spinning so fast, doesn't even sound like it was attached to anything. I thought something came loose big time .

Oh i see. It is spinning so fast, doesn't even sound like it was attached to anything. I thought something came loose big time .

It'll sound like Ftststststststststststst ... grickckck. Not only will you get used to it, it'll become a soothing sound. :D

• 1 month later...

Listen to this one:

I own a Tag Heuer Link Chrono with the Asian 7750@28000bph. I noticed that I had to wind it each time again and again. So I removed the caseback and saw there was a little screw preventing the rotor from spinning!

After I fixed this I noticed a strange feeling and noise when I moved the watch! For the first time I discovered the rotor! Hahaha....

But can anyone tell me why this 7750 makes so much noise and why my Rolex Sub with ETA automatic does NOT make any sound and works perfectly???

Interesting story thanks for sharing. As for your question, someone else has to answer, me newbie :)

Listen to this one:

I own a Tag Heuer Link Chrono with the Asian 7750@28000bph. I noticed that I had to wind it each time again and again. So I removed the caseback and saw there was a little screw preventing the rotor from spinning!

After I fixed this I noticed a strange feeling and noise when I moved the watch! For the first time I discovered the rotor! Hahaha....

But can anyone tell me why this 7750 makes so much noise and why my Rolex Sub with ETA automatic does NOT make any sound and works perfectly???