When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Where to go in Thailand?

nleap

Hello everybody!

I was heading over to Thailand and because we are a part of such an international community here I figured I would ask all of you where I should go to find the watch markets! I hear bangkok has some such markets. But I aldo hear that there are some bad reps over there too. Perhaps some of you live near there or have visited. While I am over there perhaps I will make some purchases for the right price! Thanks for all the help everybody!

I was in Bangkok last Jan. and visited MBK and was totally disappointed! REPS there are mostly Canal St. types and are expensive! I also had a city tour by a hired Tuktuk/Taxi driver of several houses of REPs (all types of goods) but of same quality! For watches, our listed dealers here are still the best! I find Manila in the Philippines to have better quality designer clothes/shoes/bags IMO!

If you could contact Robert over at RWI, he's based in Bangkok, he might be able to hook you up!

Yup! Ask the folks there where the "Tiangge" is and they'll show you! It's heaven for REP Lacoste/Polo shirts and shoes! Same with Ladies bags....LV/Gucci/Channel/Prada......almost all brands! They go by class (from A to C), A being the best. They could almost fool you! Don't forget to haggle...Filipinos are just like the Chinese....it's a game!

Good Luck!

I was in Bangkok last Jan. and visited MBK and was totally disappointed! REPS there are mostly Canal St. types and are expensive! I also had a city tour by a hired Tuktuk/Taxi driver of several houses of REPs (all types of goods) but of same quality! For watches, our listed dealers here are still the best!

In that case I would suggest visiting The Firecat and The Queen's Castle on Patpong. :whistling:

And dine at The Oriental.

Have fun!

Thanks...Tiangge...is that the name of a shop?

It's actually the name of the whole REP shopping mall! It mains "Store of Everything" and it's in the ground floor!

2nd and 3rd floors are Cell Phones, REP Movies, PCs.....etc.

BTW: How are you getting around and hows the current situation after the flood???

Thanks for your reply everybody! I was born near Manila! I should go back but probably not for this trip. That's a great idea I should meet up with narika and see if i can see some real places. I have heard that the touristy ones have expensive low quality reps. But there has to be a place where the good reps are! I will send a PM to narika! Any other suggestions for places that are a must see, rep related or not.

No dealer will disclose his sources to you so you can buy there at half price and then possibly pass on the information to all on the internet... :bangin:

The one and only MBW/MBK watch shop is located in MBK shopping center on the ground floor (not on 3rd with all the other watch shops). Enter on ground floor main entrance and turn left. Look for a sign that says "Nah-Piek". You will find some good reps there, APRO Jumbo, Patek Nautilus and vintage Rolex.

Have fun, Leon

Edited by leon32

No dealer will disclose his sources to you so you can buy there at half price and then possibly pass on the information to all on the internet... :bangin:

The one and only MBW/MBK watch shop is located in MBK shopping center on the ground floor (not on 3rd with all the other watch shops). Enter on ground floor main entrance and turn left. Look for a sign that says "Nah-Piek". You will find some good reps there, APRO Jumbo, Patek Nautilus and vintage Rolex.

Have fun, Leon

Is this in Bangkok? Is there an address? You are probably right, If I were one of the dealers I wouldn't give away my sources either.

It's actually the name of the whole REP shopping mall! It mains "Store of Everything" and it's in the ground floor!

2nd and 3rd floors are Cell Phones, REP Movies, PCs.....etc.

BTW: How are you getting around and hows the current situation after the flood???

Will go to this shopping mall on my next trip in Nov.

I have an office here and come here 1/2 times a month. As such I get around only in Makati and Ortigas....and the situation here is perfectly normal as of now.

MBK is in downtown Bangkok, Siam Square area across from National Stadium skytrain station.

You can also get good eta reps on third floor. Just make sure you are very precise when you tell them what you want...and send the first and second offering back with remark "quality not good enough..." These dealers will test your rep knowledge to see what they can sell you at the highest price.

L

• 8 months later...

Hi!

Just came back from a fortnight in Thailand and I have a couple of hints on finding replicas.

Bangkok:

Most street markets will sell very low quality replicas. I wouldn't bother to look for anything good here.

MBK has countless stands and stores selling lots of replicas. Someone reported they would show non branded replicas on the counters and then bring out the real replicas upon request... nope. No problems on showing their stuff, almost everything in plain sight.

Better quality replicas might be stashed away, though.

I was looking for a good quality SteelFish SuperOcean, and the only place I found one was on the 3rd floor, stand 3B 12F 1, a stand named "Na-Ri-Ka"... coincidence?...

The SFSO's weren't "available" at first, and after discarding almost everything else on display, the girl "manning" the stand (Noi?) said she could source some. After waiting for about 10 minutes, two puppies showed up, a white faced and a black faced. Good quality replicas, no doubts there: no arrow shaped seconds hands, correctly applied hour dots (not white, but not that greenish either), good heavyweight bracelets...

Thing is, in the 10 minutes it took to get the SFSO's, I had fell in love with the fabulous Sinn replicas she had on display.

After a bit of bargaining, I ended getting a U2 for 5000 THB (around 120

• 2 weeks later...

El Unclo - Great post, hows it doing over there at the moment you know with the Weather / political stuff? I woke up and felt like a chance of scenery so am off to BKK this weekend! Will see if I get time to hunt down some reps as will be with the mrs so doubt it but can't go there and not at least try ;)

At Mbk on the 3rd floor there's one with same qualities aslike our cartells.....quote name='nleap' date='10 October 2009 - 07:44 AM' timestamp='1255157083' post='734061']

Hello everybody!

I was heading over to Thailand and because we are a part of such an international community here I figured I would ask all of you where I should go to find the watch markets! I hear bangkok has some such markets. But I aldo hear that there are some bad reps over there too. Perhaps some of you live near there or have visited. While I am over there perhaps I will make some purchases for the right price! Thanks for all the help everybody!

011el.jpg

Im Bangkok at the moment.. :)

Sadly like what the previous posters have said most of the stuff in there and elsewhere is rubbish - canal street quality.. even the swiss stuff allegedly is quartz being tried to pass off to us tourists. MBK/MBW/Nah Phiek does have the best stuff but he keeps them in his pockets and gets them out puts on a strap depending on what you want and you pretty much have to know what you are after as he is not somewhere you can just browse... a bit of a pain for someone like me who didn't actually come here to hunt down reps but just for a last minute holiday seeing what I can find ;)

Now off to Rajawongese to have a suit made... supposedly a must.. lets see!

Repost from elsewhere in response to a similar question:

MBW/MBK items are no mystery to source:

floor1.jpg

P1020049.JPG

P1020050.JPG

Reps in general will be a crap shoot for you in BKK. Because of police clampdowns and swingeing financial penalties the big wholesalers arnt looking for any strange new faces, nor buyers wanting to plough thru their stocks on the promise of a couple of sales.

But while youre in MBK check out these:

MBK3.jpg

Speak to the guy who runs the corner shop (arrowed) hes probably the most up to date in MBK with his reps and will get most 'high end' items..price you will have to wrestle for yourself ;)