When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tourbilion Movement Watches

dvn

If this topic had been discussed in the past please forgive me and just discard this thread.

Anyway, i am very fascinateing with the tourbillion movement watches and i have recalled hearing from somewhere that there is a newer version replica watches of it is available right now. If the movement is reliable then i really like to get one and i think since the cost of tourbillion watches is high, maybe we should organize a group buy for it and get the price down a little so some of us (like me) can afford.

Can some expert shine some lights on this topic and recommendations.

my regards to all and have a good weekend.

If this topic had been discussed in the past please forgive me and just discard this thread.

Anyway, i am very fascinateing with the tourbillion movement watches and i have recalled hearing from somewhere that there is a newer version replica watches of it is available right now. If the movement is reliable then i really like to get one and i think since the cost of tourbillion watches is high, maybe we should organize a group buy for it and get the price down a little so some of us (like me) can afford.

Can some expert shine some lights on this topic and recommendations.

my regards to all and have a good weekend.

There are two generations. Heres a thread where it was discussed.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...;hl=tourbillion

Addingwatch is the owner of both generations and had the second evaluated by Ziggy and the opinion is that it is of "much higher quality" than the first copy. It looks like it is copied from a Breuget tourbillion design. I want one for sure but this is a major "watch allowance savings program" undertaking.

I happen to own all three generations of the tourbillon. Here are some comments...

1st generation - looks good, but very poor quality. You will be lucky to get six months. It was my watch that The Zigmeister always commented on. Price ~ $600

2nd generation (as in the new skeleton versions) - these are pretty good quality (The Zigmeister approved :-) and very nice watches. They look like the first gen, but are actually different manufacture. They are not "true" tourbillons, but the full escapement rotates and no one can tell the difference. Price ~ $800 - ~1200

3rd generation (center post) - these are unbelievably outstanding- as good as any Breguet quality and "true" tourbillons. My local Lange & Breguet AD went over it (I was looking for a strap) and was astounded. He and his watchmaker spent 20 minutes with it. I bought an unmarked version and they thought I had paid $50K for it. Price ~ $2000 - $4500

Because of the price (and associated delivery risk), I think it will be hard to get a group buy.

Regards.

@addingwatch,

Thank you for your input and i am really admire your love for replica watches and spending lots of money just for three tourbillion watches alone.

Would you mind pm me where you got your third gen tourbillion watch from?

I am going to contact Joshua to see if he can source one?

Here are two listed in joshua's website. They are listed as "Real Toubillon Movement " and their prices are much further apart from each other, see picture below.

So are which generation are they? if they are third gen, i would definitely get one. i'll send joshua an email as well.

this one is listed for $568

post-806-1156523564_thumb.jpg

and this one listed for $898

post-806-1156523537_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Well if 2nd makes The Zigmeister approval then that's a good start, and if the statement above about the 3rd is true then it sounds like a great thing to shoot for.

And I understand the "gen" thing is really just marking the order in which they came, not necessarily a progression of improvements on from the same source.

Correct. The generation (gen) is just the order inwhich they appeared on the market. The gen - 2 are solid and very nice, but the gen 3 are on the quality of a true Breguet movement. It is so good that I am having a custom gold case made for it.

Regards.

Good to hear, let us see it when you are done. Are you using the same dial that you showed previously on the centre tourbi?