When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What is a good collection :)

deniz21

hi guys, first of all excuse for my not so good english:)

first of all i want to say, that is really cool here very informative and the people are cool too:)

but know back to topic, im here now for a while and im asking me..what is a real good collection..

i have seen so many watches, here and very impressive and huge collections of watches.

i orderd my first rep, a pam111h of course i buy a good heroic strap for it :winkiss:

but i cant decide really what other watch i want because there are so many watches :whistling: and that seems a problem for me :wounded1:

i want for me a little but fine collection, i think about 5 watches or so for every situaton a good watch :victory: ..

but what are your thougts about it, what watches are for you must haves? cool watches that a 1. good quality reps, and 2. warable

know im waiting for your words, because most of you are very long here, im very new but im very addictet :whistling: i think

best regards deniz

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Deniz

There's many approaches to put together a "Good Collection". Of course the only right way is your way. You should buy what you like not what others tell you.

My own approach was to go for the best selling classics first:

Rolex Sea-Dweller (modern)

Rolex Submariner (modern)

Rolex GMT II Ceramic

Omega Railmaster

PAM 111

IWC Flieger (that was my first one, not so common, you could opt for the 3717)

I chose by several criterias: I wanted classic design and good quality replication.

Of course you then get sidetracked, you start to like designs you never thought you'd ever look at closely etc.

Somebody else might be totally different. You could go for the rare and special, buy reps that nobody else has. This strategy is a little difficult as you can't ask many others for advice and you get watches that have not been tested by many. There are usually not many generations of these models, so the typical initial flaws will never be corrected...

I personally didn't waste much thought on the consistency of my collection. I just went from one watch I liked to the next. It's been a lot of fun so far. :)

Just my 2 cents...

Val.

Here is a part of my collection.. one watch at a time.. there are those that are considered "Super reps" some are "Frankens"..meaning they hold genuine dials and parts.. others are "heavily modded" meaning relumed with various genuine parts.. but for .. myself.. to call a watch a Z"Franken" it must have a genuine dial..

mycollectpartii002.jpg

the UPO second from the right at the bottom is a franken with genuine dial, crystal and crown.. a must have or if you prefer a smaller size the 42mm PO .. this is a 45mm UPO..

Second from the left (bottom) is my 7032 Tudor a little pricey but and with a dial flaw but genuine movement and crystal.. a grail watch for many..

Far left (bottom) the IWC line of Pilot's .. the Big Pilot is worth a look also..

mycollection009.jpg

The SMP chrono top left is a muct get.. this has been modded with chieftang AR coat (crystal) it makes the crystal invisible.gen. crown and tube..

second form left (top) is the Breitling blacksteel.. another super rep... this has a genuine eta movement and has been relumed to correct the uneven lume dots... and the hands have been repainted (red) to math the inner bezel red numerals..

The UN Maxi Marine.. the blue hue is the AR coat from factory

next is the WM9 the "best" sub out now..

last on top is my 1655 project watch.. it took over a year to source all the correct parts for this one.. (fully modded) with gen. crystal and crown/tube

Bottom left my BP 5002 we waited a long time for a "good" rep.. they have recently fixed the recessed DW issue.. it has a custom hk buffalo strap.. OEM specs.

and the "Super rep." Brietling Steelfish the next two.. good price .. great rep..

then another IWC St E. Pilot

and the UN in rose gold..

the three reps visible on top are genuine Doxa.. Omega Speedy Moon watch and gen. Rolex GMTII..

mycollectioniii002.jpg

Top 4 are my HBB's with ceramic bezels and some of the best factory AR's available

Far top right a super Breitling Super Ocean chrono..very good !!

one of my fav Pams lower left.. 104 the quintessential Pam.. sub seconds... correct date font..relumed genuine Kruzer OEM crown.. modded by the "Master"

next the Super rep.. Omega Railmaster..

next fully modded Breitling Gaphite

Anothe franken UPO genuine dial chieft AR crystal (better than the genuine xtal)

and another DSSD ..

mycollectioniii008.jpg

the 3717 (left) fully modded with chieft AR.. but even before modding a must get.. the Top gun fully modded (right) some love it some don't ..

mycollectioniii024.jpg

another shtot of my Pam 104

The "Fiddy" DSN.. with Greg Stevens Strap

fiddy005.jpg

fiddy002.jpg

More Pams

br02pamcollectionbcesilp.jpg

Ti's have been modded and oxidized

br02pamcollectionbcesil.jpg

br02pamcollectionbcesil.jpg

029 fully modded with gen crown and correct font..

Some Straps

strapcollection001.jpg

strapcollection004.jpg

I'll continue with more Super reps. on this thread after I take care of some other shtuff ...

Hope this helps ya deniz..

AC

Lani

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Lani! WTF? Everyone is waiting for a post like this and you do hide it in here! :Jumpy:

Deniz, consider your thread officially pimped by the master collector himself! B)

Val (slowly fainting).

:lol:

the reason for me to post is to give the New Comers a look at where to start.. cause there is no end really.. :rofl:

I'll post more today here.. but this we really need to put together something together that can guide the Noob to "good" purchases.. if my collection can help then it's ... all good.. I have more I want to post.. IWC Slevin .. 2006 CD.. etc...

it'll help save money for our new members and it's good for the community as a whole, so they don't go nutz.. imo..

One watch at a time.. :good:

No one said I was Normal :nea:

AC

Lani

Well, we see Lani's approach- buy them all. I like this one! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

After you get a few, you'll notice what you gravitate towards. You'll notice what you lack, for example you have no big watches, or no leather straps, or no chronographs. I've been here a few years and just now have my first chrono on the way. :blink:

Get what interests you at first. Only when you start gathering a few will you realize what your tastes are going to be. You may love the Yacht-Master, but hate it on your arm. A little trial and error is necessary. :)

More to view..

Better pics of the 3717 and TG

iwc3717andtg011.jpg

iwc3717andtg006.jpg

CD 2006 the best of the CD line.. fully modded with chief AR .. gen eta 7750

iwccd001.jpg

The reflection on the dial is Hawaii's orange setting sun.. chiefs AR is invisible

iwccd008.jpg

iwccd009.jpg

"The Slevin" .. fully modded ... chiefs AR

19308487.jpg

the only reflection is on the dial..

73201433.jpg

Best Sub WM9.. genuine insert

wm9sub005.jpg

Speedy's very Good !!!

speedys003.jpg

oemgaspeedysreps002.jpg

Super Aquaracer

tagaracerpam111hebel006.jpg

111H modded .. genuine OEM crown

tagaracerpam111hebel008.jpg

tagaracerpam111hebel024.jpg

I'll continue with other top reps..

AC

Lani

oh wow, wtf :Jumpy: thats absolutly awsome, and very impressive (unbelievable) lanikai, i was reading a lot of super posts from you, spezaly your interview was very cool to read, and its a honor for me that you had post such a great statement for me :good:

and know im for sure, that i can now easily pick my favs from this watches and cant go wrong, because a watch that you will like, everybody and i mean realy everybody will love :D

sorry for my late post but i was watching some fights from my favorit fighter bj penn ;)

and sorry for my english :huh:

oh wow, wtf :Jumpy: thats absolutly awsome, and very impressive (unbelievable) lanikai, i was reading a lot of super posts from you, spezaly your interview was very cool to read, and its a honor for me that you had post such a great statement for me :good:

and know im for sure, that i can now easily pick my favs from this watches and cant go wrong, because a watch that you will like, everybody and i mean realy everybody will love :D

sorry for my late post but i was watching some fights from my favorit fighter bj penn ;)

and sorry for my english :huh:

:victory:

BJ !!!... "Local boy" from Hawaii.. he is very humble and a great role model for the youth in Hawaii..

I have more to upload more... and ones I haven't taken pics of yet D...

main thing is to take your time... it's really the planning and anticipation that is the most fun.. you will find tons of support here.. make SURE to read Bytors reviews he is our Master review dude here.. and Pugwashes tutorials.. toadtorrents Noob guide is a must .. you have found a great community which I for one am privileged to call home

AC

Lani

vlydog..A good collection is one that makes you happy.

yes fo sure that is true, im not that person who want so much watches, of course everyone that lanikai was posting are very beatyful, but if i had so much cool looking watches, i wouldnt know wich watch i would take today :whistling: if there is too much, its realy hard for me to decide, thats a real problem for me :black_eye: not only by watches...

but know im for sure i can pick up some real good stuff, and not only me, im for sure there are many others who will like to read this :good: thanks too you all :group:

i realy like it here, because everybody here is so gentle and helps the other, thats something you dont find everyweher...

deniz

yes i love the prodigy :black_eye:

yes thank you lanikai, i was starting reading the great rewies from by-tor and torrents deniz äh noob guide :pardon: (but i think overall im here for a couple of days, but i was reading here almost 3h a day, because so much imput for beginners)

yes im realy happy to finding this:) that was funny i was searching for panerai pics and then i have found this, perfect:)

btw, what i want to say is im from germany and it is not that easy to buy every watch i want...because most of the modders dont ship from uk wich is perfekt for me in ger. and therefor i only have two options to buy, but no modded stuff :wounded1: that sucks a little bit, but also there a good out of the box reps that make me realy confident and happy :drinks:

Edited by deniz21

More..

Ebel very good even with the subdial flaw.. Bytor has a brilliant review of this one..

tagaracerpam111hebel031.jpg

tagaracerpam111hebel055.jpg

Omega Hour Vision.. some flaws due to the movement .. but a classy look none the less

omegahourvisionporschef.jpg

omegahourvisionporschef.jpg

omegahourvisionporschefd.jpg

Franken UPO's .. gen.... dial... chief AR.. gen. tube/crown

upogenrep024.jpg

Same as above .. but this is a genuine crystal.. chiefs is superior

upogenrep027.jpg

Definitely "Super" SOSF line

blingsosfandblacksteel0.jpg

blingsosfandblacksteel0h.jpg

blingsosfandblacksteel0o.jpg

don't forget the Breitling Blacksteel !! the DLC is spot on to the genuine..this one is fully modded with eta 7750 swap

blingsosfandblacksteel0e.jpg

Well that's a part of my colection.. gotta get more up "Later"

OK.. now ya gotta pick "5" :lol:

AC

Lani

Absolutely awesome to see parts of Lani's collection on display :good:

I would also agree 100% with this, especially the boldened text:

Well, we see Lani's approach- buy them all. I like this one! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

After you get a few, you'll notice what you gravitate towards. You'll notice what you lack, for example you have no big watches, or no leather straps, or no chronographs. I've been here a few years and just now have my first chrono on the way. :blink:

Get what interests you at first. Only when you start gathering a few will you realize what your tastes are going to be. You may love the Yacht-Master, but hate it on your arm. A little trial and error is necessary. :)

I think the definition of a good collection, depends on one's definition of a collection, or rather, what 'plan' one is collecting too...

Some might choose to collect a particular manufacturer, or type of watch, where others, might choose to have a collection with a set watch for a set activity/look, or, even incorporate both aspects :) It's all down to the individual and their own tastes, and that's what makes this such an awesome hobby, as there's truly something for everyone :):victory:

yes that collection is so stunning :) and yes you are not normal lanikai :thumbsupsmileyanim: , thats realy the biggest collection that i ever seen, and so stacked with awsome timepieces :1a: for this

aleyküm selam teejay, yes thats right for sure, my plan for my collection is that i will have a good spectrum too change, how i will say this, what i mean is i change my dress for different situations, when i have a meeting, go to the club, a date or something else, and for this i want my watches, im not the type who wants 5 time the almost same watch(that counts not for the PO ;) ) not because that i would not love to have them but for me it depends on the money of course too that i can spend for my hobby :whistling:

ok i dont need that much dresswatches, im more the sporty elegant type, with a polo and jeans, sometimes a suit, but not that often :)

i hope everybody had understand what i mean,

and thanks for every single comment that helps a little noob like me :)

Edited by deniz21

I need to retake the pics for the Breitling Steelfish' .. those are the last that we had as reps..the Yellow dial.. named the "Yellow Submarine" by Coolfire..looks good too..

Skyland Grey .. hktan grey gator

skylandhktangrey028gf4.jpg

this Radiomir is a 42mm .. they don't make the rep any longer ... supporters (30 usd a year) have access to the member trade area ..lot's of good deals there from other members.. you can come across a lot of already modded watches.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

pam089wempe003.jpg

pam089wempe009.jpg

pam089wempe014.jpg

Modded 089 relumed and genuine OEM Ti crown, correct dw font.. got the AR crystal on the way.. the Ti has been oxidized to resemble the genuine..

pam089wempe028.jpg

AC

Lani

Skyland Grey .. hktan grey gator

thats the beautyest combo that i ever seen from this watch :shock:

is this skyland grey still available?

and the radiomir wow :Jumpy: the 089 is also a stunner, dam you drivin me crazy :Jumpy:

yes i think that i will take a full membership, the price for this is ok :victory: