When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Doxa Sub 300 (pre-T) on the 'Bay

Nanuq

This one has a repainted dial and it's missing the gen bezel. But all the other hard to find parts are there. You can likely get it cheap, and miscellaneous bezels do come up once in awhile, but I can almost guarantee you won't find one that will work.

Good hunting! Doxa Sub 300

Pity about the bezel, and the replacement looks like it has been through the Nanug washing machine test! (With rocks)

The redial looks a not bad job?

Nice catch B! However I may now have to somehow progressively sink all the Hawaiian Islands in the next 6 days, to eliminate one other serious bidder!

(You go for it R, I'll keep a watching brief on this one, and I promise, no end snipes....unless it's silly cheap! :whistling:)

A

Correct, O/S that's a really good redial. The only thing wrong with it, to my eye, is it looks too fresh and new. This one even has the correct hands with narrow lume, and "ringed" caseback. Verrrrry nice. I hope one of you lads wins it! No bloodshed now, okay?

Correct, O/S that's a really good redial. The only thing wrong with it, to my eye, is it looks too fresh and new. This one even has the correct hands with narrow lume, and "ringed" caseback. Verrrrry nice. I hope one of you lads wins it! No bloodshed now, okay?

Agree.. let's handle this like gents.... :bangin:..

no sense bidding against me.. :lol:.. :brow:

but if you do let me know so I can use Nanuq's super mod tool... 8)

offshore

Posted Yesterday, 11:57 PM

Nice catch B! However I may now have to somehow progressively sink all the Hawaiian Islands in the next 6 days, to eliminate one other serious bidder!

(You go for it R, I'll keep a watching brief on this one, and I promise, no end snipes....unless it's silly cheap! :whistling:)

A

Aussie...Aussie....Aussie..... Oi.. NO.. :nea:

AC

Lani

Interesting B

I'm hoping "if" I score the Doxa in question..

there is a retail shop here.. the owner is a collector of vintage timepiece.. I'm wondering if he can source a bezel for me.. seems like the vintage bezels have to be one of a kind..

still.. fingers and toes crossed :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AC

Lani

You say there's lots of spare bezels in Oz??? Hmmmmmmmm, I could use another SUB300... seeing as how they're THE most gorgeous Doxa out there!

If one of you fine lads wins this, you'll want to join up on the SFWIBB (Site From Which I've Been Banned) and do some digging. Someone in the last year or so posted about trying to fit one of their many Doxa bezels to a vintage SUB, with no luck. I bet they'd gladly share what they know about bezels with you. You see, the lads that live over there are really nice sorts, it's just the mods and Admin that have their heads up their a$$. :whistling:

Granite and Pete are very helpful in particular.

This one has a repainted dial and it's missing the gen bezel. But all the other hard to find parts are there. You can likely get it cheap, and miscellaneous bezels do come up once in awhile, but I can almost guarantee you won't find one that will work.

Good hunting! Doxa Sub 300

:1a: :1a:

:cc_detective: .. now anyone know who has the best replacement bezel for a 300 (pre-T) Sub ?????

:meeting:

AC

Lani

Hey, Did you get it?

Good stuff.

I didn't jump in, but looks like it got spirited!

There actually were a couple of bezels floating around down here,I'll chase up the guy who had them.

Love ya work!

O/S

:Jumpy:

bcei4qwkkgrhquoki8eq5ry.jpg

:fishing: Landed it O/S .. Wooooooopppp !!!!!!

yeah it got a little tight..I was having a 5 star brunch when word came in on the blackberry.. my max was higher.. thank the powers that be that it wasn't used.. desert tasted a lot better after the winning notice.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

our Doxa Pro Extraordinaire ... notes that it has to be the specific pre 300-T ..so fingers and toes crossed

Thanks for your support O/S

AC

Lani

EXCELLENT news!!! Outstanding!! Now we'll just put our heads together and find you a bezel. Congrats, big guy! :notworthy:

Thank you B !!

I went with express for 10 usd more..

wonder how long I'll last on the "other " forum.. :lol:

yuppers.. now the hunt begins for the bezel

thanks again for the morale support in the win !! :)

AC

Lani

So I registered for the *cough* other fora...

One brand... :yawn: ..not used to that one... :lol:

so I say to self.. "self, what would be the best "first" post?"

and some of these came to mind..

1. who has the best Sub?

2. anybody build a good franken lately?

3. where can I source a genuine dial for my franken project?

4. you have only one watch .. WTF ???????

5. anyone wanna see my collection???

6. would a 600T dial fit into a Seiko case and would an A7750 fit without heavy modding????

7. You guy's ever hear of chieftang's AR service??

8. the AR on these crystals suck...

9. So you wear yours into an AD without hassle? they ever try to confiscate it..??

10. anyone here seen Nanuq..???

11. anyone here wanna trade a 300T black lung for some cool vintage Rolex frankens.. or UPO's.. fully modded ???

12. I'm actually here because they kicked me off of a rep. fora for wearing a Doxa..

Well.. those are some that just came to mind after being here so long... B)

ahh after spending an hour there.. there is really no place like home.... :D

AC

Lani

HAaaaahahahahahaaaa!!! :rofl: Oh man, this will be classic! I wonder if you can last more than a week? That's about the length of my tenure there. I think you should go with an approach about building a franken Sub 200 T-Graph using a 600T, drilling some new holes in the dial, fitting an A7750 and using JB Weld to attach an Invicta caseback.

:yeah:

You can ask Granite, Pete or Simon about bezels... seems like I've seen posts from them about having spares. They're really some good guys. I have their private email addys if you'd like them...

(A note regarding nomenclature, the 300T came after the 300, so the very first models are called the "no-T" or "pre-T" versions. What you've got there is a fine Sub 300 "pre-T" Pro. Verrrrrrrrrrrrrry nice.)

HAaaaahahahahahaaaa!!! :rofl: Oh man, this will be classic! I wonder if you can last more than a week? That's about the length of my tenure there. I think you should go with an approach about building a franken Sub 200 T-Graph using a 600T, drilling some new holes in the dial, fitting an A7750 and using JB Weld to attach an Invicta caseback.

:yeah:

You can ask Granite, Pete or Simon about bezels... seems like I've seen posts from them about having spares. They're really some good guys. I have their private email addys if you'd like them...

(A note regarding nomenclature, the 300T came after the 300, so the very first models are called the "no-T" or "pre-T" versions. What you've got there is a fine Sub 300 "pre-T" Pro. Verrrrrrrrrrrrrry nice.)

:Jumpy:

I would love your friends email.. at their permission of course !!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

And I studied up on the Doxa's with "The Book" .. yes, I understand the pre-t to "no-t".. stayed up late last night reading and studying.. :yawn:

I'll try and behave maself on the other fora.. some of the "rules" are stringent.. oh well..

So some of my questions would be total cause for being given the boot I imagine??.. <_<

I visited the Doxa Web store.. yikes .. I think I'm going to get a "replica" of their vintage 200T or maybe the Divestar next month.. they call it a rep. made by the genuine company... that is too funny..

So I can honestly say on the fora that I "bought" a rep .. "pics to follow"... :lol: .. see what kinda "knee jerk" reaction I get..

I'm Hooked !!!! :Jumpy:

ubiquitous

Posted Today, 06:06 AM

Nice score, R!

It's funny... I was showing that one to Jess yesterday morning, completely unaware that you guys were watching it. She told me 'you should bid on it!'. Glad I didn't... :)

thank you for that one R !!! .. the vibes were with you :lol: I actually thought it would go for much higher.. (relief)

Yeah you definitely scored with that piece, Lani. I paid almost that much for my Sharkie 300 (no-T) and it's almost all original and complete, but stops counting time even though the seconds hand is moving. :g:

So it's off to Ziggy's Spa for some R&R. He said something about steaks and cannons. I'm not sure I want to know what's going on over there...

Or do I??!! :Jumpy: