When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

UPO Crown Mod Question: Help Needed from Modders (Ubi, Lani.....)

red

I am off to modding my UPO some more.

Decided to get a gen crystal. Never got a PM back from Chief, and it seems his AR run is closed of the year.

My question is whether I need to get a case tube, and gen crown?

What is the problem with the current UPO that requires this modification?

Is the case tube the only component that needs to be modded, or is the gen crown necessary, too?

Thanks for the help.

Just to be clear, visually there is nothing wrong with the UPO crown. Very hard to tell the difference. The problem is that the rep crown/tube will eventually strip on these watches, so its wise to do the swap while you have the watch apart. That said, the gen crown and tube aren't that great, and epoxying the tube in place isn't the greatest fix either.

Already have gen dial and hands. And it looks like crap with the rep crystal. GEN CRYSTAL or Chief's is a MUST.

the gen crystal is 200 usd..chiefs is 50 usd to coat the rep xtal and AWESOME...

yuppers,.. the gen tube/crown is non negotiable .. but imo.. the bezel pushes it over the edge for pricing the fully modded UPO.. chiefs AR is worth the wait.. he'll have one again soon..

AC

Lani

Yeah the bezel assembly costs a pretty penny and a simple mod of the pearl gets you REALLY REALLY close.

Getting the gen crystal, AND i will be sending in my rep crystal in for Chief's next run. My 2010 project is to get a different dial and bezel combination for the UPO.

Although the gen crystal is not as invisible as chiefs, it is a genuine.. and some like the blue hue ... the eta movement has been keeping great time for me.. I can't remember have to adjust the time.. it was serviced by ZM though.. that makes a huge difference.. :D

Your on a roll with the Omega's Red !!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AC

Lani