When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need a tutorial on how to get a Noobmmariner insert off

gplracer

Removing the noob bezel is tough at best. I would recommend trying to remove the insert first, especially if it's worn and leave the bezel in place. You can remove the insert with a knife- from the crystal side, getting under the insert and prying up to break the glue bond- an x-acto knife works well. Work the knife all the way around.

But here's the other problem with the noob insert- it's slightly smaller than the aftermarket and gen inserts, so you have to file the outside edge down some, you can enlarge the pearl hole w/ the x-acto knife and then glue in the WM pearl. Filing the back side is fairly easy- put the insert down on a soft surface and file away. When everything is good and fits fine, then you need to glue it back in. You have to be careful w/ the glue- use it sparingly. I clamp the insert into place w/ a die from the crystal press while the glue dries.

If you do have to remove the bezel, you wedge an knife in there between the case and bezel and keep working your way around. You'll need some extra wedges to keep it up where you've wedged so it doesn't slide back down as you move around. It's slow and tedious and you have to be careful not to bend the bezel. Eventually it will pop off, but I'd figure 15-30 minutes to get it off.

Good luck.

The insert itself is easy to remove, unlike the bezel itself like Alligoat said.

Just heat the watch up with a hairdryer then use the pearl to try and spin the insert out of the bezel. eventually the tacky tape they use will be warm and will wiggle off.

I roll up a little piece of sand paper into a cone tube like shape, then stick it in the hole where the pearl gos and twist it around like its a conical sandpaper drill bit. This slowly works the hole into a larger shape. I keep test fitting the WM pearl until I get the right size hole.

I use gorilla glue. remember it expands when it dries, keep pressure on the bezel. A dab'll do ya. I also like loctite version super glue, works very well.