When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Funny

Nig

Just a little story that may make you smile

Last year before I discovered this site I treated myself to a birthday present Tissot watch it's a nice watch I had saved up for a bit as you do, my boss saw it and had to buy one, just to [censored] me off I think.

Anyhow I've just shown him my Speedmaster from Precious Time he said "I could have one like that"

so will he pay

Just a little story that may make you smile

Last year before I discovered this site I treated myself to a birthday present Tissot watch it's a nice watch I had saved up for a bit as you do, my boss saw it and had to buy one, just to [censored] me off I think.

Anyhow I've just shown him my Speedmaster from Precious Time he said "I could have one like that"

so will he pay

Ah, TT, but that implies a defensive posture. The best method in a scenario like this is to advance. So buy three more watches. Don't give him time to consider the subdial spacing, move on to something else that's not a rep of something too expensive, and AS SOON AS he shows up with the new Speedie, flash the next model. It will take the wind right out of his sails and you get to enjoy more watches! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edit: in reply to Wombat, you can even pick up some darn nice gen pieces on the 'Bay for very small cash. Vintage dive watches are well made, look expensive, they're very "different" and they're cheap. Here's a LeJour Superman I picked up for $100.

superman1.jpg

superman2.jpg

Ah, TT, but that implies a defensive posture. The best method in a scenario like this is to advance. So buy three more watches. Don't give him time to consider the subdial spacing, move on to something else that's not a rep of something too expensive, and AS SOON AS he shows up with the new Speedie, flash the next model. It will take the wind right out of his sails and you get to enjoy more watches! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edit: in reply to Wombat, you can even pick up some darn nice gen pieces on the 'Bay for very small cash. Vintage dive watches are well made, look expensive, they're very "different" and they're cheap. Here's a LeJour Superman I picked up for $100.

superman1.jpg

superman2.jpg

I do Indeed like the way you think :good: I also agree what you say about Inexpensive gens. I just purchased a Invicta Bolt, It Is a beautiful timepiece. It Is a Swiss made watch. ( Swiss federation guide lines)It was under $300.00 and It feels and looks as good on my wrist as any watch that I have. I was told when I first arrived here to buy what I like and to like what I buy.This Indeed has worked well for me. :) Mike

Not to take this topic in a different direction, but I have to disagree with Wombat...being one of those who has sunk a bunch of money into making a Franken, I am not trying to fool anybody into believing it is a Gen anymore than without making it a Franken....I too always tell everybody that my watches are fake.

There is a certain amount of joy to be found in making a watch even better than how it came from the factory. And as a plus, they look waaaay better when you're done :D