When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Who sells crystals?

andreww

I've been slowly modding my V2 ti Chrono Avenger and am very happy with the watch except for the crystal. Not only is it very reflective, but it has an awful distortion when looked at from an angle. Rather than just AR coating the existing glass, I'd love to replace it with an optically correct sapphire. From avery old post, I found that the measurements of the crystal are 33mm (diameter) X 1.33mm (height at the edge) As with all Breits, it is slightly domed.

Does anybody hear deal in crystals, or does anybody have a good source? Cheif?

The problem with Breitling crystals is that they are like 5mm thick in the center! It'll be tough to find a generic to fit...You need to find one that's made for your case.

If you do want to try a generic sapphire, you can look at Krysworks and Jules Borel.

Sorry I'd not have anything. All mine in the main are GS acrylic.

Sapphire will not be easy, in fact almost impossible, for a "stock" crystal.

It would have to be a build, and that then means quantity.

Unless there are some around from the 1st build, or a latter one which improved on it?? I think chances are slim.

Talk to the original dealer of that watch, and see if you can pinpoint something.

O/S

Sorry I'd not have anything. All mine in the main are GS acrylic.

Sapphire will not be easy, in fact almost impossible, for a "stock" crystal.

It would have to be a build, and that then means quantity.

Unless there are some around from the 1st build, or a latter one which improved on it?? I think chances are slim.

Talk to the original dealer of that watch, and see if you can pinpoint something.

O/S

My first thought was to use a Skyland crystal, but as I'd need to purchase a complete case set for $110, then have to probably destroy the bezel to remove the crystal, it just too pricey to risk without being certain the crystal would fit. I spoke to Takashi who said that he had put a Skyland crystal in a V1 Chrono Avenger without a problem. But is the V1 equal to the V2? I did some research and read some very old posts. I found one in particular where a member had ordered one of the SS Chrono Avenger crystals (same manufacturer of the V1) and it was slightly larger than the V2. The simple deduction is that the Skyland crystal won't fit either.

So, I guess my only option is to have Chieftang AR coat the original crystal. I know it won't help the distortion, but hopefully it will get rid of all the nasty reflections.