When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WM9 v2 Submariner or the new Sea-Dweller?

mrsato1

So here is my dilema. I am interested in a rolex such as the Submariner base. After pricing a genuine at the AD-that ain't happening! I have read several very impressive reviews of the WM9 v2 Submariner, but now the new SEA-DWELLER is about to be released. There are no reviews on the new SEA-DWELLER, but if this item is as good as the v2 or the YM, then where is the risk? I need some expert advice and guidance. Thank you in advance.

So here is my dilema. I am interested in a rolex such as the Submariner base. After pricing a genuine at the AD-that ain't happening! I have read several very impressive reviews of the WM9 v2 Submariner, but now the new SEA-DWELLER is about to be released. There are no reviews on the new SEA-DWELLER, but if this item is as good as the v2 or the YM, then where is the risk? I need some expert advice and guidance. Thank you in advance.

it boils down to your own liking. but if you are picky about the overall look and feel and how "gen" it looks perhaps go for the wm9 sub. i get a sense that the sea dweller is still not up to par in terms of accuracy. not sure abt the YM though.

as for me i think i'll wait for the new sea dweller which speaks more to me than the sub.

I sold my v2 a while back because I thought I would be getting the LV and swapping the inserts. This is one of my greatest regrets since collecting watches.

It really is a fine piece with quality that is unparallel. Maybe its because the LV is taking longer then expected, but I would still keep it.

My friend has a gen SD and I like it more than the sub because it is thicker and wears bigger. The sub is just not big enough when you compare it to modern watch sizes.

But, I am with everyone about getting both. That sub is mighty fine on a zulu.