When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling deployment straps

Agrippa

A while ago I thought I'd check out the Breitling deployment straps from BOB and ordered a couple of them. Nice enough straps, particularly for the price ($29.50), but as far as I'm concerned they're not padded heavily enough, are too light and simply don't have sufficient "presence" to suit a large and heavy Breitling head. So I'm wondering - are there any OEM Breitling straps out there, at a reasonable price (say up to ~$50 or so), which compare favourably with the rep straps/original straps?

I thought perhaps I'd check out Official Time's offerings too, but like the BOB straps they don't really seem to be padded sufficiently in comparison with the gens and reps. Could be wrong though, as it's not that easy to judge from the pictures. Anyone tried them?

Anyway; if you know of any good (as in heavily padded + good quality) Breitling deployment straps which are reasonably priced, I'd be grateful if you shared it here.

Ag -- check with Homer...he recently did a close-out of some awesome python Breit deployments...amazing quality...i posted some pix of my tan python and others have posted pix of the black one...very well made...very!...

as an aside, i own many a Breit rep :whistling: , and generally don't like deployments...prefer the tang straps...the deployments always seem to have that "bulge" near the clasp...argh...an alternative is buying a gen tang buckle (with raised wings) and going after Breitling style straps...

enjoy and wear your Breits well!...

R-

Whatever do you mean? You do see I've got my slippers on, don't you?

Actually, Homer's the only candidate I've found so far, I just forgot to mention him. I intend to get a couple of his black pythons (lovely things...), but he had some kind of problems accepting payments, so I'm just hanging on for now until I hear he's sorted himself out.

Seems we're diametrically opposed as far as strap fasteners are concerned hackR, as I've concluded that Breitling-style deployants are the only thing that'll work for me. You do get that bulge, just like with ordinary deployants, but I can't say that's ever bothered me at all. On the other hand I'm very particular (just another word for difficult) about strap tension - I hate it when they're too tight and I don't like it when they're too loose - and the Breitling deployment is the only thing I've ever seen that'll let me adjust my straps just so, rather than in set intervals.

Well, we'll see what I end up with I guess. More rep straps probably, unless someone else chimes in with some straps I've yet to see. Once again, I'd be very interested to hear if anyone's tried the straps from Official Time and compared them against the rep straps or the genuine article.

Whatever do you mean? You do see I've got my slippers on, don't you?

Ag - sexy slippers...a very nice accessory!...

I bought my last deployment replacement for my Chrono Avenger from WatchNetwork.

Dave -- pix of the strap on your CA?!...

I have a couple shark skin straps from Official Time and they are heavily padded and slightly thicker then the Gen Croco.

BMike - pix of the strap mounted on a Breit?!...

I have a couple shark skin straps from Official Time and they are heavily padded and slightly thicker then the Gen Croco. I have as well. Really impressed with Official Times products, nice craftsmanship and fit very well. :drinks:

Great stuff, that's what I wanted to hear! I'll certainly pick up a couple then and see for myself.

BMike - pix of the strap mounted on a Breit?!...

I second that motion.

I bought my last deployment replacement for my Chrono Avenger from WatchNetwork. Not cheap but you can customise everything including profile shape and depth.

http://www.watchnetwork.com/ClassiApp/ClassiPost/Post?process=strap_color&StrapColorFamilyID=1&sid=81kZsu4TRqmig11hNsjHaxk3I.040901&StrapID=&dupid=81HHuiI59iBmU11lDuv.6FdVZ.044629&edit=

Thanks a lot mate, I'd not come across that site before. Any chance of a picture?

Watchnetwork strap

http://www.watchnetwork.com/watchstraps/index.html

I notice that the site says "can only ship custom straps to North American countries". No idea why that is as they happily shipped to me in the UK.

The strap is much in need of replacement...that's why your thread caught my eye. I have had about a year of very regular use out of it.

post-2830-125639704189_thumb.jpg

Ask and you shall receive. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Much obliged mate! That strap looks pretty good and no doubt better than the ones from BOB. Just about the same price as well. Could you possibly do me/us one more favour though, and measure the thickest point of the strap, near the watch head? Just so I can compare the padding it has with the BOBs and the rep I already have.

Can you get it in blue surround instead of black? :Jumpy:

He says he can make Breitling straps from any of the materials listed on his site, so I imagine it only depends on what colours he can get or has in stock.

I was checking out his site last night and getting some ideas. Thanks!

Strap measurements at the watch head:

Gen Breitling Croco: .265"

OT Shark Skin: .290"

The Official Time is thicker through out and well padded. I am really happy with the ones that I have. Very well made for the price, since and supple unlike the Gens which take some time to break in.

Let me know if thre is anything else I can help with. :drinks:

You da man! That's all I needed to know mate, much obliged to ya. I'll go ahead and get myself one of the 4-strap boxes from OT as soon as the next paycheck arrives. I'm thinking a gator, a shark and a couple of calfs (or bull leather, as they call them. Could well be that's what it is I guess), so I get a handle on how they all look and feel.

Thanks DaveC. Yep, I saw that hand stitching is an option, but yours looks good to me so I wouldn't bother with the extra $30. In any case I'll get those OT straps first, then we'll see what happens. Lani's HK Tan strap is awfully nice, but comes in at $169 (or $139 in calf). K. Wong has some interesting leathers I'm tempted by (elephant, horse and frog for example) and is cheaper ($89 for calf/horse, $95 for elephant, $125 for shark), but I've only seen his deployments in carbon, so that's a slight gamble. The carbons look well done, but they're not my cup of tea at all.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.