When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Iwc Portuguese Gold Hands

Guest avitt

Here are a few shots of my newest addition, quickly and accurately delivered by Eddie Lee. (Sorry about the picture quality...these aren't my best):

108579-24471.jpg

108579-24472.jpg

108579-24473.jpg

108579-24474.jpg

...As a note, I had planned to replace the strap with the proper black croc...but that brown color just looks right with the gold hands. I think I'll keep this color scheme. Whuddyall think?

@ck986, I'm going to go with a Banda custom. I've used them a few times in the past, as both my wife and I have small wrists, and like shorter straps.

@Ubi, thank you. It's hard to compare this with a Rolex sports watch. This does have a nice hefty, solid feel to it, as well as a respectable 41mm diameter. However, the IWC won't be on my wrist most days (both becuase of the style, and the fact that it doesn't have an ETA inside). The daily beaters will continue to be Rollies and Pannies. But this is a beautiful rep of a watch I've admired for some time. It will certainly hold its place in my collection.

Thanks for the outstanding photos. I just today ordered the same watch from EL and your photos tell me I made the right call. I've been waiting and waiting for a first-rate rep of this watch, and now it's here. Personally, I think the medium brown band looks great on this watch; as you say, it nicely complements the gold hands and white face. I think the gen comes with black croc strap, but black straps on white face/stainless steel case watches are almost too common, about all you ever see. It's nice to try a different look and the brown strap works very well here. Also, it looks like a fairly heavily padded strap.

nice watch.... *sign*... I knew a rep was coming out for this sooner or later.

the only flaw i can phsically see is the blue chronograph hand's are way too light. it almost looks turquiose. The gen is really dark metallic blue.

And are the numerals applied? it looks like it from the photos. the gen numerals are raised from the dial.

nice watch.... *sign*... I knew a rep was coming out for this sooner or later.

the only flaw i can phsically see is the blue chronograph hand's are way too light. it almost looks turquiose. The gen is really dark metallic blue.

And are the numerals applied? it looks like it from the photos. the gen numerals are raised from the dial.

Other than the rose gold hands/numerals and the strap, the rep doesn't look that bad. Chrono hand could be a little darker though, but just nit picking :)

108716-24445.jpg108716-24446.jpg

Edited by Bravo

Beautiful watch! The few flaws are so subtle one would never notice. Again, you'd have to do a side by side to see any.

The numbers are 'flatter' on the gen. They're too rounded on the rep, but as you say, you'd need them side-by-side to tell unless you knew.

I agree that the rep is very well done. But the blue chronograph hands really give it away. As you can see from the photos of my gen, the blue hands are really hard to photograph because the metallic blue is so dark.

Anyways, here are a few photos... enjoy... and the GST Chrono is a gen as well.

108744-24443.jpg

108744-24444.jpg

I guess this is the one we have been waiting for....a reasonable Portuguese.....wonder what rya thinks of it -_-

Regards

Gran (presently in Brisbane, Australia) :)

I agree that the rep is very well done. But the blue chronograph hands really give it away. As you can see from the photos of my gen, the blue hands are really hard to photograph because the metallic blue is so dark.

your hands are so dark, because genuine blue steel not blue color like replica

that´s BIG difference

...As a note, I had planned to replace the strap with the proper black croc...but that brown color just looks right with the gold hands. I think I'll keep this color scheme. Whuddyall think?

Beautiful strap / watch combo!!! Wear it well... :thumbsupsmileyanim: