When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How good is a Noobmariner with DG2813 movement

Chips81

Just trying to find out, some info on how good a noobmariner and with dg2813 movement is ?

Read the noobmariner reveiws, but still would like more info.

Has anyone got one and what do you think of it?

Edited by Chips81

As far as my experience is concerned the Noobmariner is a great looking watch but the movement is absolute junk. Mine lasted less than 24 hours before randomly stopping. The dealer confirmed the Noobs had the cheapest movement under the sun and were not reliable - of course that was after I bought it and my 12 hour warranty had run out! I replaced it with a DG2813, and even though still low-beat and cheap it was an upgrade! You can put in a tall canon 4813 (from eurotimez) to get a more correct beat. I still think it is excellent value and if you get one that doesn't die, well, that's just a bonus!

Got mine from Chris and its the best value watch I've had. Movement is noisey and the second hand stops for a few seconds if the movement is in a high speed spin.

But it keeps great time and the second had stopping does not affect the accuracy of its time keeping.

The issue I had was the BIG crown. Got one of BK's and it looks the works now.

$120 well spent. Swimm with mine all the time as well.

ST4

mastermind, I don't think they came with 2813s, at least thats what D4M (RWI dealer) told me after I bought it from him. He said the movements in them were even cheaper than your regular run-of-the-mill a21j. I've had pretty good luck with the actual DG2813s...

mastermind, I don't think they came with 2813s, at least thats what D4M (RWI dealer) told me after I bought it from him. He said the movements in them were even cheaper than your regular run-of-the-mill a21j. I've had pretty good luck with the actual DG2813s...

Yeh, the opinion seems split on the 2813 I've heard some are crap and some will run perfectly for a lifetime. Perhaps ^what jmb said is why...?

Regardless mine was certainly advertised as a 2813. the rotor is very noisy, and when changing the date there is resistance when it clicks over, which fills me with concern. Everytime I change the date i'm thinking " oh, oh, it's going to break".

To the OP, the other things with my n00b "2813" that concern are; that if you level the watch flat the second hand stops ticking! It also stops ticking if you tighten the screw in crown all the way (need to back it off about a quarter turn), and it seems to have only about a half hour power reserve.

My (albeit n00bish - but with experience with the cheap 21j) advice, would be to cash out for the better movement.

I guess the one caveat is that if it ever dies, to straight replace it (with another 2813) is easy, even for n00bs, with the right tools. Uou can buy them anywhere and they only cost about $15.

mastermind, that is another thing I was told by D4M (and others on RWI) that was a common Noob movement problem - stem too long! You can prune the stem by .020" or so and at least that problem would be solved. Stopping when laying flat? Maybe we could mate it with a 4813 I got that stops when I turn it upside-down and it would have perfectly running offspring! :rofl:

Funny, the MVT in my Noob Factory sub is one of the better quality 21Js out there and withstood all sorts of maltreatment. Wore it chopping wood, shooting, useing a sledge hammer all the stuff you are not suposed to do wearing a watch. Dirt finaly ground it to a halt after 12 mths and it's waiting a clean. Was going to wack in a new MVT but the one I got to replace it has too short a sec hand post and the damn thing won't get a grip on the hand. I think that there are a heck of a lot of cheap subs out there being refered to as a Noob when they are in fact nothing of the sort and contain a 2 dollar MVT rather than an actual DG 21J. The one in my 69 dollar ExplorerI I just got actualy made me laugh opon opening the case. Talk about cheap and nasty. I expect that with such a cheap piece tho and it will go when I vintageise the watch.

No need to go replacing the MVT untill the one in there gives up the ghost BTW. While it works, don't stuff with things!

Just lube the case back seal with a bit of silicone grease and screw her down tight and all will be dandy. Have her tested before going swimming tho, better safe than sorry.

The gen Noob is the best value rep out there IMHO, good case, great dial (possibily the best yet) and great bracelet. Only the CGs and the crown itself let it down but that is the case with most rep Rolex.

Regards, Col.

To OP, my movement issues aside I still feel this is one of the best values out there, maybe even a little better than the $148 DG2813 powered V5 DSSD from eurotimez! Cosmetic wise all I have done to mine is change the crown and tube as I have one of the "early" Noobs w/o rehaut engraving and huge crown - I've heard the later versions have a more proportionate crown. I'm glad this thread came up because it reminded me I hadn't done the "epoxy mod" to the pearl yet so I'll do it later today.

You will not go wrong buying one of these.