When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best DSN Panerai Models

SightSeeeker

Hello

I'm about to make my first purchase. My research has lead me to DSN. I'd appreciate any opinions as to the best DSN models. (Those that come closet to the Gen without mods) Several months ago DSN suggested the 111h, 127e, and 201a.

I am also considering going with a cheaper purchase for my first time and would appreaciate any opinion on less expensive dealers and their best models. In this regard I was looking at Joshua.

I realize this is a common request, however, I was hoping to hear from experienced individuals who have made recent purchases from DSN or others. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hey bud... I would suggest not going cheap! You won't save that much. DSN's 127 and 201a are very nice and you are on the right track there. For the 111 you might wan't to try Sead's new offerings (Sead1999). New CG and great lume using a DSN dial... Killer combo! I wish I would have known what you already found out so far when I started, I could have saved a bunch of money. Of course this is just my opinion. But it is based on alot of time spent scouring these Forum's. You won't regret any of the models you have stated, as they are all nice. GL bud!

DSn .. out of the box.. the best for Pams.. lume (sve on lume modding), hands, dial.. the cg's may need a little tweaking and the strap replaced .. straps are the key to making any rep look 100 better..

weather you like the vintage Pams or the more modern .. DSN fo sure :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AC

Lani

I got DSN's PAM 104 with all of his upgrades and love it. You'll have to take my word for it since I'm not a very good photographer. It's very close to the gen. A sales lady at an authorized dealer even complimented it when I was trying on gen PAMS. If she knew, she did a terrific job of hiding it. Good luck!

Lani said it before me: DSN is best for lume. Believe me, the difference between rep lume and dsn/modded lume is very very big. Once you saw it, you would never want to go back to standard rep lume (= almost no lume at all).

And same with the strap. besided metal bracelets and rubber straps, all rep panerai straps kind of sucks. You should also replace that to make it look like a stunner.

better 1 great rep than 3 basic once.

How can I get in touch with DSN? I'm looking for a good 111h rep.

Thanks

Taking over threads and then even complaining about it that nobody is answering your questions which you posted in someone else his thread is in general not really appreciated on this forum. Specially if this is just your first and second post. Great introduction you have going on there my friend...

Davidsen is as far as I know not an official dealer on RWG. But he is a dealer on Reggeek.com and has his own 'department' over there. You already had his email address. What you still need is his photo website: http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e230/watchmmx/ He does not have a store front website.

Hope this helps. Good luck and please post us some pictures or start a thread when you received your watch... :winkiss:

Thank you Hooky for your reply. I have belonged to this forum for several months now and for the most part have remained in the background reading posts daily. I have been collecting watches for 30 years or so but have recently become fascinated by the quality of reps. I have particulary become interested in Panerai and have done the search for DSN only to come up short handed. I meant no disrespect for the forum or its members.

Davidsen is here in the Accessories section. He's got his own section and review, try the drop-down menu at the bottom of this page. But you should email him for latest pricing and availability and to place order.

His watches are definitely above average when compared to Cartel's offerings. Competing models from Cartel go by with "Ultimate" prefix and sells for more than $ 400. IMO, his best watches are the followings:

1. Recent Power Reserve series 027A/B, 028A/B

2. 111/112

3. 201/A

4. 202/A

5. 127E (Fiddy)

Auto w/ power reserve as an exception, his manual wind PAMs are of excellent quality. His auto pams (non-PR) have their shortcomings.

Love my DSN 082--"moats" around the indices be damned!

Davidsen's the only dealer who has managed to replicate the tricky blue/grey color of this dial, and the overall quality of the piece is excellent:

622397368_rGbRr-M.jpg

beautifull 082 :victory: must draw some attention

I owned a DSN 112 and was VERY pleased with it. I had to replace the CG because DSN's was really bad...worse than the crppy CG you get on a $99 cartel PAM rep. Besides that little issue, it was a stellar rep. Lume was off the charts. The ss case was highly polished. And the dial text was stellar.

I've never owned a DSN 082, but from the pics i've seen, it's a high quality piece.