When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

....so what's new?

b16a2

Hey everyone, it feels like forever since I started a topic here...so here goes...

Since graduating this year, I have relocated from living on the south coast of the UK, to the midlands. I'm currently renting a two bedroom flat in the centre of town as I'l be moving around a fair bit in the first few years, so buying isn't practical at the moment. I've been checking in on the forums and trying to keep up with the posts, but as most will know, moving areas takes a fair bit of time out of your schedule....but now I'm settled in, I'm hoping to get back with posting more contributive posts...I need some new watches to review!! :)

So onto the watches;

I had a few problems with my Rolex GMT Ceramic, which has been sent off for repair and overhaul. I wasn't sure if I was going to like this one at first, but I must say, this is a really nice Rolex. Whilst I love the history behind the Sub/Seadweller, the look of the GMT2c really appeals to me. It has a good balance between being not too flash, whilst not being too understated either. Rolex hit a home run with this one.....Ammandel, I hope yours is still running well and getting lots of wrist time!

I am still really liking the Explorer 2 that I bought. It is getting a lot of wrist time, and following By-tors and J.Marins lead, I have sent my black dial away for some work....Il keep you posted on the progress of that one.

17062009571.jpg

The Milgauss is still getting some wrist time, and it looks great underneath the shirt cuff. Like the GMT2c, it strikes a great balance. I think alot of it is to do with the polished midlinks, and the brushed outers on the bracelet!

P1010482.jpg

My SMP has stopped, so I anticipate it needs a new battery. I certainly won't be sending it to Omega as I know that they like to charge over the odds for a relatively simple job. Once the battery is replaced, I'm going to start work on a small display for it....I've bought the Bond DVD set, which comes in a nice metal briefcase. I just need the diecast Aston Martin now to make a small tribute to the Bond series :thumbsupsmileyanim:

So there's how my collection currently sits.

So, what's new with everyone?; How are your collections doing?; Any projects that you have that will wet our appetites in the future?

All the best

b16a2

:shock: No Breits in your collection mate? Good to see you back!

My collection is at a standstill. I've not purchased anything since my Skyland, after winning a sizable amount in last years SuperBowl pool. Since then I've been pondering what direction to go in. I've noticed that even though my watchbox currently has a good supply of Omegas, Panerais and Rolex, I always find myself picking one of my Breitlings to wear every morning. Since there is only one watch that is calling to me, a Graham Diver, which I know is much too large for me, I have decided to concentrate my collecting on my beloved Breitlings. I'm pretty sure my next watch will be one of the larger Navitimers, probably a Datora, World, or a Legend. Who knows, maybe something new will come out by then :p

Anyway, its good to have you back!

Cheers,

A

Edited by andreww

Projects? hmmmm......well, my franken Tudor Submariner 9411 has turned into something a little more. Stay tuned later this week, or early next week. :D

I look forward to hearing more about this one :)

Welcome back. Congrats on graduating...and hopefully you've found yourself some good work to help pay back school debt. Let me know how the GMT IIc servicing goes. Servicing has been the one issue that holds me from buying a GMT rep.

Managed to land a nice little number which will help pay the bills....and hopefully fund some new acquisitions a bit further into the future once I have the finances sorted :) I have been quite lucky with all my GMT's, this is the first to go wrong. Hopefully it's not a serious problem and just a dodgy gear, but the date change stopped working, and the movement jammed when it reached 8pm so it could be something serious.... :wounded1:

:shock: No Breits in your collection mate? Good to see you back!

My collection is at a standstill. I've not purchased anything since my Skyland, after winning a sizable amount in last years SuperBowl pool. Since then I've been pondering what direction to go in. I've noticed that even though my watchbox currently has a good supply of Omegas, Panerais and Rolex, I always find myself picking one of my Breitlings to wear every morning. Since there is only one watch that is calling to me, a Graham Diver, which I know is much too large for me, I have decided to concentrate my collecting on my beloved Breitlings. I'm pretty sure my next watch will be one of the larger Navitimers, probably a Datora, World, or a Legend. Who knows, maybe something new will come out by then :p

Anyway, its good to have you back!

Cheers,

A

I know, not having a Breitling in my collection is bordering on blasphemy, especially seeing though like yourself, the tricomapx Navi was what got me into this hobby :bangin: There is a blue Navi on leather in an AD local to me...I always stop and ponder over that one!

Of all the watches out there, I would never have picked the Graham as something you would go for. I wouldn't mind seeing one in the flesh, as I can imagine they have a lot of wrist presence!

I think I may have to follow your lead on concentrating on the Breitling's. I am definitely missing a Breitling from my collection. The problem now though is.....which one :whistling:

Thanks for the greetings back guys, it's good to be back and posting again :)

Of all the watches out there, I would never have picked the Graham as something you would go for. I wouldn't mind seeing one in the flesh, as I can imagine they have a lot of wrist presence!

Yup...never would have picked Andreww as a Graham guy. Mind you...when you see them in person, they really are something. I find that with a lot of watches that they seem kind of "hokey" in pics...but when you see them in person, the play of lighting, and the scale in person can really make a watch jump out as something special that previously looked kind of silly in photos.

I felt that way about the Graham's until I saw them in person...and about the UN MMD as well for that matter.

Wad up b16..

life on the farm:

still raffling .. some nice gens went to great members... hoping to score a 9411 Snowflake for gen raffle soon.

New vintage 1665 line .. not perfect "yet".. MBK 1665 came down in price... Chris is reorganized better than ever now..

tons of Noobs joining up

Red and Astro have new camera's, so more great pics on the way..

Offshore opened his tools and accessories store here.. got some exciting tools at great prices !

RG is down off and on SOP..

New format here is fast and Admin is constantly striving to upgrade.. some issues from the makers of the new software.. being ironed out..

KB still going strong with his line of everythang.

Some new Watch collectors on board

Chinese Holiday slowed shipment up a bit .. but back on track now

Joshua's Pam 341 60mm Egiziano is to be worn on your bicep..

P4's word association is hitting a record high in posts.

DSN.. is the same DSN

no new births or pregnancies that the fathers are aware of..

Dems got a honourary doctorate form some place..

Ubi's into extreme sports and is driving without snowties..

Nanuq opened a Zoo with all the critters in his backyard.. moose.. bear.. wolf.. and other assorted creatures..

Sq.pilot has a new furry addition to the family.

And I'm sitting here awaiting my new Milgauss like yours.. :D

other that that same.. same... 8)

AC

Lani

Wad up b16..

life on the farm:

still raffling .. some nice gens went to great members... hoping to score a 9411 Snowflake for gen raffle soon.

New vintage 1665 line .. not perfect "yet".. MBK 1665 came down in price... Chris is reorganized better than ever now..

tons of Noobs joining up

Red and Astro have new camera's, so more great pics on the way..

Offshore opened his tools and accessories store here.. got some ex

I've alway's liked the Chrono Fighter. I guess its actually pretty logical given my affinity for the true great pilot/space watches like the Navitimer and Moon watch. Like Toad said, you really have to see it in person to appreciate it. But you will also be startled by its size. At 46mm plus the massive crown apparatus, they look to be at least 50mm on the wrist. A skinny wristed, 160 lb featherweight like myself doesn't stand a chance of pulling one of these off. Hopefully the rep makers will do the smaller 42mm version for us girly men :p

Edited by andreww