When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My v1 Navitimer - yes, the sliderule aligns!

hackR

an oldie, but goodie!...

as Lani and many other strap-mongers have taught me, it's all in the subtleties...check out how the coloring of the nato strap brings out the lumed numbers and hands...and creates a nice compliment to the black matte dial...

enjoy -- R

navinato1.jpg

navinato2.jpg

navinato3.jpg

navi0dmedium.jpg

navinato4e.jpg

img4538w.jpg

img4544a.jpg

img4162medium.jpg

navi0cmedium.jpg

Nice! All you need is a V2 dial now... But I'm not sure if it'll fit or not. Maybe Andrew can chime in!

Wear it well!

Greetz.

Edit: btw, that's just a sticker on the top of the rotor, I'd peel it off before it falls off and does something bad inside there!

Edited by yodap

v2 sliderule dial doesn't align...lume on numbers and hands are 1/2 the brightness of this one...i had both...

even tho the gen's dials are glossy, i actually prefer this one...also, the v2 dial has more paint flowing into the datewheel cutout that i don't like as much, too...the blue dial i just sold does have a really nice reflective coloring to it that changes with lighting...

planning to send this north for a datewheel update and some other loving...

re: rotor --> not so sure about that Yodap...but not really an issue sticker or engravings -- it looks sweet one way or the other...may see if i can get closer with macro...

thanks...R

How on earth did you manage to get a Navi with a slide ruler so perfectly aligned Rob??? :shock:

btw i am still :g: wondering why on earth those factories do not place the the outer bezel ring numbers

higher and finally make the proper corrections on those date fonts... :yuk:

Anyway this is great looking Navi Rob,me thinks you should consider a Chief's AR on this baby as well!!! ;)

Couple of things;

On the V2, it is the insert that doesn't line up, the dial is correct, so you can swap the V2 dial in to the V1 case.

Yes, the gen dial is glossy, but I was in the AD last week and saw a gen that looked closer to the V1 finish. It was slightly glossier, but I would still have classified it as matte. Not sure how consistent Breitling is with the finish.

The V1 subdials actually look much closer to the gen. The are however missing the recessing that the V2 & gen have. The actual shape of the piepan looks much more defined on the V1.

@hackR _ I'll comment on your pics when I see them on an Apple Store computer at lunch. Blocked at work, but I'm sure they look marvelous!

How on earth did you manage to get a Navi with a slide ruler so perfectly aligned Rob??? :shock:

btw i am still :g: wondering why on earth those factories do not place the the outer bezel ring numbers

higher and finally make the proper corrections on those date fonts... :yuk:

Anyway this is great looking Navi Rob,me thinks you should consider a Chief's AR on this baby as well!!! ;)

Thats what we are all waiting for! Sure, we know they will never fix the sunken datewheel, but the date font, slide rule ring, AR, caseback, and overall dial size could all be improved on.

I like it!!

me, too, S!...this has always been one of the definitive Breitling models/looks IMO...we all know they are inaccurate, but seriuously........

Hack, looks awesome on the NATO! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

thanks, Red...got the nato from vlydog and it went in the box...decided to try it on this watch and love it...brings out the dial and numbers smartly...

...me thinks you should consider a Chief's AR on this baby as well!!! ;)

thanks, J...that's the plan, man!...

@Yodap --> under further scrutiny, it does look like stickers...but damn tough to tell...

R-

@andreww --> as always, my friend, great insights and details... :drinks:

yes -- it's a damn shame they can't produce the Navitimer any better than they do...unless you have the talents of francisco or polexpete to franken a beauty!...

re: dial swap --> i think you'd also have to be concerned over the look...the white outer ring matches the white/silvery subdials on my v1...not so sure that the v2 subdial coloring would match up as well with the ring should you do a transplant...the outer ring on my v2 blue dial TT arabic was more of an antique/creme white...side by side, the v1 is much brighter white...tough to tell this by looking at pix unless you have them side by side...

re: dial finish...the black matte dial makes the gold breitling wings logo pop out!...

i posted this thread to show this watch - mostly because it's a nice one...i keep playing around with various straps and enjoy them all...but even tho the tan python makes this watch look badass, i REALLY like this nato on it...

R-

@andreww --> as always, my friend, great insights and details... :drinks:

yes -- it's a damn shame they can't produce the Navitimer any better than they do...unless you have the talents of francisco or polexpete to franken a beauty!...

re: dial swap --> i think you'd also have to be concerned over the look...the white outer ring matches the white/silvery subdials on my v1...not so sure that the v2 subdial coloring would match up as well with the ring should you do a transplant...the outer ring on my v2 blue dial TT arabic was more of an antique/creme white...side by side, the v1 is much brighter white...tough to tell this by looking at pix unless you have them side by side...

re: dial finish...the black matte dial makes the gold breitling wings logo pop out!...

i posted this thread to show this watch - mostly because it's a nice one...i keep playing around with various straps and enjoy them all...but even tho the tan python makes this watch look badass, i REALLY like this nato on it...

R-

So I stopped at the Apple store to view your pics, then walked straight to the AD to view the gen. The shot that you did that really shows the texture of the black dial finish is bang on to what the gen looks like. Although, on mine anyway, the dial doesn't always look as black as your pic, more like the finish of an UPO dial. I think that decent AR would make it look very close. One thing that you notice on the gen is that the dials sliderule markings are actually silver, and they reflect brilliantly off the dial. I believe ours are silver as well, just not shiny.

Brilliant pics mate, I especially love the nato strap (bet that looks even better on your Chrono Avenger), and that python strap is just awesome, but not really suited to the Navi IMO.

...I especially love the nato strap (bet that looks even better on your Chrono Avenger), and that python strap is just awesome, but not really suited to the Navi IMO.

thanks, A...

awaiting the return of the CA from north of the border!...next week!... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

and re: python on Navi --> just had to try it, ya know... :pardon: ...does make the dial and wings logo pop out...but if i'm trying to look badass with the python, it'll go on the grey skyland!...thinkin this Navi is gonna stay on this nato for awhile -- looks and wears great...

great info on the gen...someday, maybe... :g:

R-

The gen dial is bigger in size and it cant fit.

It could fit, all you need is to trim it a little smaller. The problems are, that the genuine tricompax navitimer uses a 7753 movement, so:

1: If you go with a 7753: Since the A7750 with the upper module is a thicker movement, the stem and pushers wouldn't line up,

2: If you go with the stock A7750: The date window is bigger, and closer to the outter edge on the 7753, so the dial won't fit.

Greetz.

The gen dial is bigger in size and it cant fit.

The dial isn't the problem, it's the insert that is the problem.

@Yodap - to make a proper franken you need a V1 6-9-12 case, an eta 7753, a gen 3-6-9 dial and a rep 3-6-9 caseback. You'll need to shave the dial, but it will all fit together nicely. Expensive project but stunning result!

The dial isn't the problem, it's the insert that is the problem.

@Yodap - to make a proper franken you need a V1 6-9-12 case, an eta 7753, a gen 3-6-9 dial and a rep 3-6-9 caseback. You'll need to shave the dial, but it will all fit together nicely. Expensive project but stunning result!

Yes, I've also seen Polexpete's amazing job... Incredible!

Greetz.

Hy hackR,

Congratulations for your watch

Is it a normal A7750 movement ?

I've open my Navitimer and I realized that the bearing of the rotor has much less balls in there (only 5).

Could this be a reason that the rotor is very noisy ?

Greatings

Friedhelm

@Friedhelm --> thank you!....my version uses the older 21k "low beat" asian 7750 movement - sometimes called a7750b1...R