When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Working on a close friend's watch. 1665 wabi'd

Justasgood

MBW 1665 base. Added Gen Crown/tube, shaped case and Crown Gaurds, started lugholes(Need new bits), added Clark 39 crystal and magically transormed insert.

Thoughts on the CG shape, insert and overall work to this point greatly appreciated and expected :mellow:

016.jpg

015-Copy.jpg

014-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

012-3.jpg

011-3.jpg

010-3.jpg

009-3.jpg

008-2.jpg

007-5.jpg

006-4.jpg

005-5.jpg

004-Copy.jpg

003-Copy.jpg

017.jpg

Lots of work left including a final polish and Gen springbars.

Thanks,

Kurt.

Looks nice K, beautiful job on the cg's and crown/tube. Would your friend consider a different insert? It appears that it may have originally had a pearl which was slightly too large, leaving a hole noticeably bigger in the insert (or is that just my eyes?).

I have a correct "round rolex" caseback if he may be interested.

Cheers,

JJ

Looks nice K, beautiful job on the cg's and crown/tube. Would your friend consider a different insert? It appears that it may have originally had a pearl which was slightly too large, leaving a hole noticeably bigger in the insert (or is that just my eyes?).

I have a correct "round rolex" caseback if he may be interested.

Cheers,

JJ

JJ,

I am doing the work for a former member here who has been out of work for about 4 months now. It is being done Gratis using what I can find in my Bin-O-parts.

Let me know how much you need for your parts and if I can swing it, it will be our surprise. ;)

JJ,

I am doing the work for a former member here who has been out of work for about 4 months now. It is being done Gratis using what I can find in my Bin-O-parts.

Let me know how much you need for your parts and if I can swing it, it will be our surprise. ;)

BTW,

if anyone has a 93150 MBW Hollow mid link with the correct diver's extension, please let me know. This on is a solid mid-link with the new style solid link diver's extension.

Thanks.

MBW 1665 base. Added Gen Crown/tube, shaped case and Crown Gaurds, started lugholes(Need new bits), added Clark 39 crystal and magically transormed insert.

Thoughts on the CG shape, insert and overall work to this point greatly appreciated and expected :mellow:

014-1.jpg

I agree with others' comments about the insert (need a better 1) & I would also square-off the intersections of the CGs where the vertical line meets the horizontal line (they are rounded on your friend's watch). Also, you might remove the crown/tube & grind down the case where the tube installs so, when the bezel is installed, you cannot see the case behind it. Then, reinstall the crown/tube & shoot another pic if you want follow-up input.