When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Refinished the Doxa 300 case and crystal

lanikai

I decided to take the brushed surface of my 300 Pre-T case.. polish it down and re-brush the finish,.... and polish out the acrylic crystal.... now waiting for the bezel that panerai153 so kindly is helping with.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

the bezel is at the moment epoxied onto the Doxa case.. fingers crossed.. B)

doxa300003.jpg

doxa300006.jpg

doxa300007.jpg

doxa300013.jpg

doxa300012.jpg

AC

Lani

Thanks guy's.. it may not look different in comparison to the original pics, but with the naked eye.. there a definite difference to the brush, I took the old brush finish off.. the metal had darkend.. still dark spots next to the crown.. but it doesn't bother.... the crystal after taking off a micron of the surface is clearer fo sure..

I need to decide at some pint and time if I want to swap the genuine crown for a generic no sig. one.. for now I'll leave the genuine even though it can't screw down.. B)

AC

Lani

Wow great job, well done...

I restored many of Arthur's Doxa's, but haven't heard from him in years...say hello for me.

Thank you Z... I will , relay your well wishes... but you will see him ... he's back posting, .. he has an amazing collection of Doxa's you've worked on.. they look fantastic!!.. I may send this up North to you if I can find a generic crown and tube.. still undecided weather to swap the gen signature crown though :g: as this will definitely not be seeing water..

AC

R

Nice case work, Lani :thumbsupsmileyanim: You've really refreshed this classic.

Are you going to try solvent to remove the bezel, or just a blade?

Thank you avitt !!.. yes like your pvd finishes the brushed finish.. is only as good as the underlying metal.. so the previous finish had to be polished down to almost a smooth finish before it was rebrushed.. took most of the night .. I'll add a little work to the case back also..

if I do use solvent it will be time consuming process.. (worth it though).. I would just use an artist brush and soften the epoxy bit by bit and use a blade to scrape away the epoxy..until it's weak enough to pop the bezel off..I find it's best to do a little at a time then put it down for a awhile between the work.. patience is key :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AC

Lani