When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Would you wear this?

HEWLIO

If it were a vintage model (matte dial with tritium lume & without the blingy metal bits on the dial or pearl), I would say it looks like a 40+ year old watch. But, for a modern (non-tritium) watch (especially with the ROLEXROLEXROLEX running around the inner flange, which marks it as a pretty recent model), I think you overdid it a bit.

Also, is it me or is the datewheel stuck between dates? :shock:

I would give the last finishing touches with this. :D

big-hammer.jpg

Seriously... it's cool (if you like beat up watches). But what Freddy said... what looks good on a vintage might not be a great idea for a modern watch.

But then again if you like it, that's all what matters.

If it were a vintage model (matte dial with tritium lume & without the blingy metal bits on the dial or pearl), I would say it looks like a 40+ year old watch. But, for a modern (non-tritium) watch (especially with the ROLEXROLEXROLEX running around the inner [censored], which marks it as a pretty recent model), I think you overdid it a bit.

Also, is it me or is the datewheel stuck between dates? :shock:

Ya it defiantly is stuck. I tried to fix it today but im not sure what happened. As soon as i got the dial off the date wheel just fell out. I didn't do a very good glue job i guess. So i reglued it and in the process did the aging. but i think the date wheel has an internal problem now cause the stem got stuck in the date position. Oh well might be getting near retirement. I have lost one watch 2 weeks ago and saw this one comming. Soon I will probably have a completely different collection. These reps really don't last long at all. I think i might build a gen. Gather gen parts as i get money, assemble it. Then i wont need to keep replacing the damn asian movement ever few months cause it broke.

I just don't work in my good watches. My sub will never look like that. I have a gen Tag Heuer SE/L. I can't imagine doing that to it, or my Bulova Snorkel that I bought on Okinawa in 1968, or my modded Noobmariner, for that matter. I have a lot of respect for you "born again hard" people that can do that to a watch.

I have the greatest watch ever made that is reserved for working on a car or working in the yard, etc. It is a 20 year old Timex Ironman. Composite case, no moving parts, 4th strap, battery every year, whether it needs it or not. It's a winner. My daughter gave it to me when she had her first job at 15. She's 35 now.

And the best part is...it's 100% GEN.

MT