When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Datewheel disaster

Slartibartfast

Well, after a considerable amount of time spent on improving my flat 3 datewheel decals for using over a polished steel overlay (to give that silver datewheel look), I test fitted my new pride and joy onto the ETA 2836-2 movement for pressing into service in my Sub.

Can you spot where I went wrong (see pic below)

IMG_6188.jpg

OH DEAR! Date progression maybe all good for a Rolex movement, but is back-to-front for the ETA.

Go on guys, have a laugh! :bangin: What a plonker (for those outside the UK, plonker = fekkin ejit)

Back to the drawing board.

Before reprinting, pick up a Bergeon fine polishing pad (Bergeon part 5444) or ScotchBrite (available from many supermarkets & hardware stores) & give the steel substrate a proper brushed finish (imagine rays of light emanating from the center & running outward, so when you view the date in the date window the brush texture appears horizontal). The proper texture will make all the difference in the world.

Before reprinting, pick up a Bergeon fine polishing pad (Bergeon part 5444) or ScotchBrite (available from many supermarkets & hardware stores) & give the steel substrate a proper brushed finish (imagine rays of light emanating from the center & running outward, so when you view the date in the date window the brush texture appears horizontal). The proper texture will make all the difference in the world.

Hey, hey, hey..freddy. Why didn't I think of that!

I'll post pics when done. Could mean the difference between a good try, and a good job! Thanks!