When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A few more DLC coated Gens...

Guest avitt

Here a few selections from my most recent run (sorry about the "case only" shots):

Milgauss

img6345.jpg

img6347.jpg

Breitling (I don't recognize this model...)

img6352a.jpg

img6356n.jpg

Marathon SAR

img6368j.jpg

I'm often asked if bead-blasting a piece will cause a loss of detail. My answer: I use very fine glass beads, which make little or no change. Here are a couple of examples:

img6381p.jpg

img6398s.jpg

Yup, B. The Milgauss was completely polished out, and the Breitling was left au naturale.

This thread highlights how DLC can appear differently when applied to different finishes: From a deeper black, ceramic-like appearance on polished pieces, to a pencil-lead gray, when applied to blasted surfaces.

They all look fantastic, but the Marathon is definitely my favorite of the group :good:

Thanks TeeJay! I'm with you, in favor of the matte look. The polished watches do look striking though...Like liquid metal!

I'm currently building a custom piece for myself, which combines textures for a little contrast. It'll feature a YGG painted dial, in a DSN generic Radiomir case. On this one, I've bead blasted the mid case, back and lugs, and left the bezel and crown polished. I'll post it up when it's all together...

Thanks TeeJay! I'm with you, in favor of the matte look. The polished watches do look striking though...Like liquid metal!

I'm currently building a custom piece for myself, which combines textures for a little contrast. It'll feature a YGG painted dial, in a DSN generic Radiomir case. On this one, I've bead blasted the mid case, back and lugs, and left the bezel and crown polished. I'll post it up when it's all together...

Any time, your work is first rate, and, when I'm in a position to commision your services, the project I have in mind would definitely benefit from the matte look (as it's for a military-themed watch) :)

I love the sound of your project, I'll look forward to it's reveal :good::victory:

DLC, or Diamond Like Carbon, is the most durable aftermarket coating available. In terms of hardness, it's about equivalent to sapphire. This is a good reference page: http://www.magrette.com

That's just amazing. :shock: - Still thinking about that PO 45 in black :Jumpy:

Doesn't get more seriously cool than that. What kind of money would I have to dig up to get one like that? :good:

We'll have to do it piece by piece, Dems...Where do you want to start? :thumbsupsmileyanim:

:lol:

Well, as ambitious or insane as it sounds, believe me, some one, some where is doing the math. I'm not so sure this car would be a good candidate, the 'finish' should never be 4X MSRP. -_-

But yes, where to start.............a good question until T'J quoted this:

I even DLC coated the movement!

So mabe we could 'start' and 'end' here?

Cobra-Copy.jpg

The plenum and rocker covers in gloss, the alternator and headers flat black. I would be King at the club! The orders would flood in........... :whistling:

<edit> I'll 'third' the Marathon watch. I'm looking into that! Fer sure.

That's just amazing. :shock: - Still thinking about that PO 45 in black :Jumpy:

Doesn't get more seriously cool than that. What kind of money would I have to dig up to get one like that? :good:

Thanks a lot, Thogaa!

A PO would look fantastic! With regard to price, please PM me.