When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which watch should I get?

ChipSlap

After about 8 months of unemployment, I recently started working again. It turns out that I did get the job that I flew to LA to interview for. I now manage a lab in Oakland while my boss stays in LA. My Seiko SKX009 with the jubilee bracelet always has been good luck for me. Anyway, I am going to reward myself with a new watch. The finalists are these:

1: Tag Heuer Link Chrono (blue).

2: Breitling Skyland Avenger Chrono (grey or blue).

3: Ebel 1911 Chrono with the panda face.

4: Rollie Explorer II

Facts which may figure in my thinking:

I have several black faced watches already.

I do not wear suits, nor even long-sleeved shirts.

I almost always wear gen Seiko divers to work (due to the chemicals I work with).

I recently bought one of Homer's bitchin tan python Breit straps, but don't yet have a Breit.

The trigger will be pulled by Friday, the 13th.

Thanks for your opinions.

Well I have a Tag Heuer Link Blue and it is an incredible rep. If you have read any of the reviews on this watch then you know how good it is. It really depends on what you want, a chrono or no. The Rollie is a great watch but the only one on your list that's not a 7750. If you do end up wanting a Link let me know via PM, I have one for sale. Good luck.

Tag needs an eta dw swap and with a chief AR is stunning

Breitling would be grey definitely.. you can wear multiple strap colours on this one.

Ebel..my choice would be the white dial..

Exp. II black dial is most accurate.. although the white is more to my liking the indices are silver grey and not black like the gen.

but may I add another to the mix:

Vascheron Constantin Over Seas .. the design is siccccccc :thumbsupsmileyanim: the bracelet.. and bezel is da bomb !!.. good for semi casual and dressy with the white dial..

vc1665drsd009.jpg

vc1665drsd016.jpg

vc1665drsd017.jpg

vc1665drsd031.jpg

let me take some pics of my Tag Link blue dial with chiefs AR .. the dial POPS with chiefs AR

AC

Lani