When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New here, Looking for a Top of the line Rolex R.

PonyBoyCurtis

Welcome to the RWG. Your friend only gave you half the truth. The is the most often asked question around...and is not quite the simplest answer to give...too many factors to consider what is the best. The best will involve too many genuine parts to list and will cost you upwards of 50% of the cost of the real thing. If this is not feasible...you'll have to reconsider what is best.

Take a look in the Rolex section for reviews on the WM9 Submariner...and look at the Noob Guide linked in my signature to get you started about what to expect and how to determine which is the "best" watch.

Wow, it's been a long time since someone asked who has the best Sub........... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Read the forum my friend. There is a lot of good information here. Also the search button is your friend.

With that said, the best version of a replica Rolex Submariner is a subjective question. There are so many different versions and they all have their subtle flaws. You ask for one that is indistinguishable from genuine on the outside and I hope this is only for your own enjoyment and not to scam someone. With that said, 99% of the population couldn't tell a fake Rolex from a genuine if you hit them in the head with it. On the other hand a watch as mundane and ubiquitous as a submariner will be assumed fake by many people anyway just because it is probably the most faked watch in the world, and ironically it seems to be the hardest to perfect.

My advice to you would be to buy a Sub priced under $200 as your first watch. It is almost certain that this first will lead to many more and open your eyes to other brands and designs you may have never heard of before. Read on.

Why make it so complicated guys?

Maybe it used to be a complex thing but not anymore. It's actually very, very simple: WM9 is the best Sub. No other rep model comes even close.

Isn't the answer really based on "How much do you want to spend?". Without any other information, I'd say Rolex would be number one with Watchmaker 9 a distant second.

Beyond that there are a dozen options base on what flaws you can live with. Just don't get sucked in by the numerous sites that promise 1 to 1, guaranteed indistinguishable from the genuine, cause there is no such thing.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm far from an expert, but have spent countless hours reading. Here is the conclusions I have come to... Who make the best sub....ROLEX. Who makes the best overall rep....WM9. The best beginner's Sub rep recommendation usually given is the Noobmariner from any of the reputable collectors on this site.. Hope this helps.

Agree with By-Tor

WM9 has the best. More expensive, yes, but not break the bank expensive. If your into something a step down, few more flaws, but still pretty darn good, noobmariner.But to gain knowledge and help yourself, read the reviews, Rolex area threads and decide what you want and can afford.

At one time if you were trying to find a vintage Rollie, MBW was the only one to consider although a little later Watchmaker had just as good (Maybe from the same source?) Don't have a clue as to the best vintage now.

I would assume you are looking for a contemporary model, so i would go to WM9.

Arthur