When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Full Gold Rolex

Edwin25

Hi,

I want to buy a full gold Rolex for my uncle (he want's a gen.. but to expensive for a birthday present) :whistling:

So i want to buy one for a reasonable price..

I saw this 2 Narikaa:

ROLEX%20805010a.JPG

and this one

ROLEX%2090103a.JPG

Which one 2 choose from....

82 euro's inc shipping...

Or does some one els has a suggestion ( or a watch for sale ) :)

Tnx

Edwin

The yachtmaster II is fugly IMO. If you go with the first option try a day date with a champagne face and stick markers. Classic, refined and I'm sure Narika can source it for you. If he likes bling, go with a masterpiece like in my sig pic. Other than that I have a gold yachtmaster with a blue dial. This one is classy and something you don't see every day. I'm sure narika can get you one of these as well.

DSC00348.jpg

Wearing any full gold Rolex is going to draw alot of attention to the wearer. I'd be embaressed to buy and wear such a model but then that's me and I'm not your uncle. I would have thought a more understated day date style would be better and not so brash and obvivious but each to their own!

Wearing any full gold Rolex is going to draw alot of attention to the wearer. I'd be embaressed to buy and wear such a model but then that's me and I'm not your uncle. I would have thought a more understated day date style would be better and not so brash and obvivious but each to their own!

This coming from a guy with a gaytona avatar. BTW, why would a day date be more understated? They are all either gold, white gold or platinum.

As far as drawing attention, I guess you have never been to Florida. Rollies are a dime a dozen. I wear a fully iced out jacob to a club and rarely get a second look, except from certain types of ladies of course. :whistling:

Tnx for the tips!

And yes fully gold isn't my thing as well.. but my uncle likes it... so that's what he's going to get.

As far as drawing attention, I guess you have never been to Florida. Rollies are a dime a dozen. I wear a fully iced out jacob to a club and rarely get a second look, except from certain types of ladies of course.

jfreeman420, give us a snapshot..of your iced baby..

Unless your uncle does not mind being 'outted', I would steer clear of anything with gold or 'jewels'. Get him an all-steel model, which will greatly reduce the likelihood of someone spotting it as a fake & also increase the usable lifespan of the watch (when you scratch a steel watch, you just see more steel......when you scratch a gold-plated watch, :whistling: ). Better to have a steel rep that look like a gen, than to have a 'gold' rep that looks like a rep. ;)

This coming from a guy with a gaytona avatar. BTW, why would a day date be more understated? They are all either gold, white gold or platinum.

As far as drawing attention, I guess you have never been to Florida. Rollies are a dime a dozen. I wear a fully iced out jacob to a club and rarely get a second look, except from certain types of ladies of course. :whistling:

White gold and platinum look (to the untrained eye) like stainless steel... The casual observer might not know that a particular model is supposed to be white gold or platinum, but wouldn't question a stainless steel watch. Yellow gold, on the other hand, is clearly yellow gold :)

As for my avatar, being American I doubt you understand irony :-). I wanted a tasteless watch that I would never have thought have been created yet be repped.

Never been to Florida but I'd happily stay for a holiday, I'm off the first week in December if you'd like to pay for the flights :-) We could go clubbing. I'd love to meet Paris Hilton or Brooke Hogan!

I'm sorry...normally when it comes to style I say "to each their own," but that Daytona is downright hideous. The fact that any reputable company, let alone Rolex, would manufacture such an atrocity scares me as to the direction watches may be going.... :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

Edited by cdk847