When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Cousteau 06 returns from The Zigmeister Spa

Guest techlogik

• 2 months later...

I didn't shoot these with a dedicated macro, but the lens I used has a macro feature, so it does a fairly decent job.

All I can say about the lume application is practice, practice, and more practice. The biggest issue is that once you start, you can't stop, if you do, there will be a break in the flow. The lume is applied freehand a drop at a time, I would guess that the large part of the bezel takes about 300-500 drops to get done, the numerals around the bezel each take about 7 or so drops per numeral, bezel alone requires about 1:30 to 2:00 hours of solid bench time, and a few stiff drinks. :)

It's a challenge to say the least...but a lot of fun as well when you see the results.

Don't mean to dig up a dead thread but good G*d those Aquatimer lume pics from Zig look amazing! Zigmeister, I think you and I will be having conversations of the e-mail kind very soon (soon as I get my grubby lil hands on a Slevin - en route!).

• 3 weeks later...