When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looking for Milgauss

GOVOLS

Great pics!! The green AR is awesome. I like the rep with the white face and orange second hand, #'s, etc. I guess it is because it is the colors of the University of Tennessee. I have looked at these watches priced at $250.00+. Would a rep at this price include excellent lume, AR, polished case, band, etc.? I am still new at the rep watch thing but I have learned a lot from this site. Thanks to all who provide this info.

Great pics!! The green AR is awesome. I like the rep with the white face and orange second hand, #'s, etc. I guess it is because it is the colors of the University of Tennessee. I have looked at these watches priced at $250.00+. Would a rep at this price include excellent lume, AR, polished case, band, etc.? I am still new at the rep watch thing but I have learned a lot from this site. Thanks to all who provide this info.

True Vol huh .. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Rolex does not have AR'd crystals except for the green sapphire Milgauss and the date window on the GMTIIC .. all other genuine stay with plain sapphire crystals (genuine).. so the white face rep has no AR... per the genuine model..

My Asain rep movement of the 3131 (in the Milgauss) is keeping spot on time with my genuine Rolex's .. very good quality in the case set bracelet.. 316F steel ....this is a very good rep. what ever model you decide on.. or 2.. :lol:

AC

Lani

No need to look further. The current ultimate Milgauss has the top notch quality in terms of the case and bracelet finishes. No AR at all as per the gen. spec. Get the ETA version for a long lasting reliability.

The only thing is that you might want to relume the hour markers to improve the lume and appearance. FYI, the gen. has excellent long lasting lume time, and they glow like a torch.

Yeah, true Vols fan (good or bad).It looks like we may lose a couple of our highly recruited freshman recruits to the Knoxville jail.

It appears that a specific dealer recommendation is not often given as to who is the best. I am sure there are a few stand-outs on RWG. I did purchase a Rollie Sub and have had several issues with it. I would like to send it for possible upgardes. Anyway, any suuggestions would be appreciated. Also, do you have a good contact for the re-lume?

Thanks again

I bought the Rolex Milgauss White 116400 with ETA movement from PT.

This is a really good rep with very few flaws. The strap is also nice and solid without the rattles you get from some of the cheaper reps.

PT is the best dealer I have used. All my dealings have been flawless and he obviously only chooses the better reps.

Yeah, true Vols fan (good or bad).It looks like we may lose a couple of our highly recruited freshman recruits to the Knoxville jail.

It appears that a specific dealer recommendation is not often given as to who is the best. I am sure there are a few stand-outs on RWG. I did purchase a Rollie Sub and have had several issues with it. I would like to send it for possible upgardes. Anyway, any suuggestions would be appreciated. Also, do you have a good contact for the re-lume?

Thanks again

We all have different dealers.. I have been doing business with one for a number of years now, and choose mine for his after purchase service and parts acquisitions.. others have chosen theirs.. you need to find a dealer whom you can communicate with and returns your emails in a timely manner.. can he back back up his product in terms of defects? (common no matter what dealer you choose) .. and can he source parts that you will surely need down the road?.. if he has great prices but cannot fulfill the rest of the requirements then you will eventually end up spending more than originally planned.. IMO

AC

Lani

There are quite a few reommended dealers here. Look up the collectors forum and use the searh funtion to see who suits you best.

My recommendation will be Mary @ Watchinternational. She is here as apprentice collector. (Collector is the mis-normer used on the site for dealers - apprentice here becuase she is new. I used her before she appeared on this forum).

Her service is really good, her communication the best I have had and her pricing is reasonable.

But you may have other criteria like location of the dealer or website.

Hope this will help you.

And good luck with your initial purchases.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, after lots of reading and research here on RWG (Thanks for the site) I am looking for a very high quality rep of the Rolex Milgauss w/white face but I have a question. Should there be a greenish tint of the crystal at certain angles? Any suggestions?

I just ordered this watch http://www.kingshowbox.com/goods.php?id=3636 from Mrs. King (Connie)

and I will post to let you know how it looks in a week.

I wanted to have a Rolex that I never see anyone wearing.

• 3 months later...

Older thread, but curious...

I just got my green one and it looks great EXCEPT for the orange hour markers. I've heard others state they're "peach" like in color, which seems somehow consistent with mine. However it kinda looks faded to me. As in the paint, but maybe this normal to get the blue glow. Not sure if this faded is what some people are calling peach, but it doesn't look right for whatever reason. Also notice someone mentioned to re-lume the hour markers? Would this address my concern and what does this relume entail? Thanks!